• Software
  • VCV Rack - Open-source virtual Eurorack DAW (p.3)
2018/06/18 02:27:33
scook
0.6.1 released
change log here https://github.com/VCVRac...blob/v0.6/CHANGELOG.md
breaks modules from Bidoo, NYSTHI and trowaSoft see update below

Update: Bidoo and trowaSoft compile OK from source so, a fix should be released soon. trowaSoft update from plug-in manager has a bad dll. Chances are the old version is still good. Version 0.6.1 of NSYTHI works. The problem is Spectre in the newer releases.

Update2: NYSTHI updated for VCV 0.6.1. Modllz crashes VCV 0.6.1.

Update3: Modllz fixed
2018/06/18 13:02:33
BobF
Wow.  From the pics it reminds me a bit of Tassman 3. 
2018/06/18 16:23:13
scook
It is not a plug-in though. It is a stand alone synth. VCV Bridge the VST/AU plug-in that communicates between VCV and the DAW now supports MIDI. Just verified the DAW can control synth start/stop and a bug in 0.6 which crashed Rack on windows if multiple MIDI were added to a patch is now fixed.
2018/07/01 08:48:43
Wookiee
Thanks Scook, have you managed to get bridge to work with CbB?  If so how?
2018/07/01 11:13:20
pwalpwal
BobF
Wow.  From the pics it reminds me a bit of Tassman 3. 

oh how i wish they'd do version 5
2018/07/01 14:28:35
scook
Wookiee
have you managed to get bridge to work with CbB?  If so how?

For
  • audio channels 1+2 from VCV Rack
  • 16 CV signals to VCV Rack
  • 16 MIDI channels to VCV Rack and
  • transport control
use
  • VCV Bridge set to port 1 in an audio track FX Rack. Set the track output to an aux track (for recording)
  • create one or more MIDI tracks. Set the track output to VCV Bridge.

For additional audio tracks from VCV Rack and CV signals from CbB, create an FX Chain containing VCV Rack. Here is the FX Chain preset I created. Note: while the VCV Bridge supports multiple outputs, using the plug-in in an audio track restricts the plug-in to the first 2 audio channels.
  • add the FX Chain to the FX Rack of a stereo track and set the track output an aux track
  • set the port to 2 or higher on the VCV Bridge in the FX Chain
In VCV Rack
  • set the Core Audio module to Bridge and the appropriate port number. Use output channels 1 and 2 only
  • set the Core MIDI-CC module to Bridge and the appropriate port number (when using more than one Bridge)
  • the rest of the MIDI data from the Bridge looks just like it would from any controller
  • for transport control use start and stop on the Core MIDI-1 module

2018/07/02 15:10:08
Wookiee
Thank you Sir much appreciated I will give it try later today.
2018/07/02 16:06:56
scook
I failed to mention VCV Bridge can send 8 audio channels (4 stereo pairs) to VCV Rack, 2 from the track VCV Bridge is in and 6 as sidechains from other tracks.
2018/07/03 17:57:53
Wookiee
Unfortunately Steve I am not seeing VCV Bridge as MIDI option in the MIDI input drop down list on the MIDI track I have inserted any ideas.
2018/07/03 18:17:28
scook
VCV Rack does not transmit MIDI data.

VCV Bridge can send MIDI to VCV Rack. To do so set MIDI track outputs to VCV Bridge.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account