• Software
  • VCV Rack - Open-source virtual Eurorack DAW (p.6)
2018/09/20 00:37:33
flyinghitcher
Ahh, ok, I see, and then MIDI-4 into a multiple, the playback buffer was at 250, changed it up to 500

2018/09/20 00:43:09
scook
flyinghitcher
 MIDI-4 into a multiple

I doubt that will work unless you want the sum of the CV values. To play multiple notes at the same time use multiple sound generators (think one oscillator for each CV in MIDI-4) or special modules like the Gratrix modules which have 6 ins/outs for each module.
2018/09/20 00:48:26
flyinghitcher
No it didn't work very well, it totally crashed the sound output from VCV, with a restart required ^^
2018/09/20 00:52:39
scook
The MIDI buffer change fixes dropped MIDI notes on playback in CbB. This does not address polyphony in VCV. That will require handling each concurrent note separately in the patch.

Using the VCV bridge is not as stable as running VCV stand alone -save often.
2018/09/20 00:58:02
flyinghitcher
ok, yeah, I get what I was doing was dumb, just over excited to get something out of this and not putting the thought in, been a fan of VCV for a while, though with such fast updates, I've been holding off of it, as my patch's and instruments went obsolete before I was learning how to get a good use out of them. I'll set the midi buffer back if I notice anything in my other projects.
2018/09/20 01:03:33
scook
The MIDI buffer setting should be fine at 500. For many the default is too low and 500 was the default before X1. I doubt that change crashed VCV and will not negatively affect existing Cakewalk projects.

Getting VCV Rack into Cakewalk is pretty nice. It will be even nicer when/if Andrew follows up with his plan to release a proper VST version of VST Rack when v2 is released.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account