2016/05/17 11:14:34
LJB
I had a killer idea last night (well I liked it), whilst trying to make notes of all the changes a client of mine wanted in a song. Imagine we had little virtual sticky notes that we could post on tracks at specific points in the timeline... Great for making arranging notes, mixing notes, things you still want to try.. Or a TEXT Track would be an equally usuable thing..

I may well be the only guy who thinks this would be cool, but it sure beats writing in the markers on the timeline!

Anyone eltz?
2016/05/17 13:34:20
dcumpian
There is an existing FR for notes to be embedded into the timeline, like markers that zoom when you hover the mouse over them. Sounds similar?

Regards,
Dan

2016/05/17 16:02:32
M@
Great ideas.! Sonar's keyboard input monitoring could for example automatically insert and open up the 'stickynote' and sart inserting yext as soon as you start typing anything that begins with say 3 space bar hits.....just start typing your comments on the go. It probably wouldn't tax the responsiveness of Sonar(?)
2016/05/17 18:24:13
BobF
dcumpian
There is an existing FR for notes to be embedded into the timeline, like markers that zoom when you hover the mouse over them. Sounds similar?

Regards,
Dan

Make those item based instead of tied to the timeline and THAT would be schweet
2016/05/18 08:13:17
bluzdog
I like it. I use post it notes for everything on my desktop.

Rocky
2016/05/23 15:14:39
stickman393
I used to use a dummy midi track with clip names for this purpose, but a "Show Stickies" and "Hide Stickies" option would be ... awesome.
2016/05/23 20:57:42
robert_e_bone
This might well be a pretty cool thing to have.  I sometimes use a separate Word document to keep track and project notes, and I will list the MBT and the track in a sortable table to make it easy to get to what I need.

Bob Bone
2016/05/23 21:56:39
dcumpian
stickman393
I used to use a dummy midi track with clip names for this purpose, but a "Show Stickies" and "Hide Stickies" option would be ... awesome.

I can't believe I have never thought of that...

Regards,
Dan
2016/06/21 23:24:32
SteveCapps
I would like to be able to add comments / instructions / notes to my Sonar music files.
The comments might be something like "Add bells here later" or "Portamento might work well here", etc.
These would be just reminders for things I might want to try, or perhaps explain why I did things a certain way for future reference, etc.
You would be able to add comments to any track, and at whatever time / measure you wanted.
You would want to be able to toggle the comments on and off - you wouldn't want them cluttering your screen all the time.  But, I think you would always want to see a small tick mark or etc. indicating that this track has a comment at this point - - you would see the tick mark even when comments were hidden.
2016/06/22 14:22:26
stickman393
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account