• Computers
  • 42" TV as monitor: change skylight screen resolution??
2017/05/31 15:31:43
Marc2109
I'm toying with the idea of using a 42" TV as a monitor for Sonar, the purpose ultimately being to be able so see more of the interface on the screen at one time.  Of course, out of the box I'm just gong to have a bigger screen, which is great, but I would like to be able to make the Skylight screen smaller to get more of it in view.  Does Sonar have the ability to change the resolution of the Skylight interface?
Is there another way to do this?

Thanks for any help!
2017/05/31 20:21:15
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Not sure if you will end up being fully happy with a finer resolution on the TV screen. They tend not to be as sharp/focussed as real PC screens.

I have been using a 42 inch TV for years now but placed about 1 1/2 metres in front of me mounted to the wall ... like a studio window which also can display one Sonar screen. Like it a lot but it's at standard resolution...
2017/05/31 21:09:28
eikelbijter
I just bought a 4K LG 49" TV and couldn't be happier! Used a 37" Vizio 1080P for years before that.

Just realize that the size of the screen has nothing to do with how much information is on the screen, that's only directly related to the resolution. 4K is 4 times the pixels of 1080P and it shows. Also, make sure you get a TV that does 60Hz at 4K and a video card that can drive it, because at 30Hz it'll be unpleasant...
2017/06/01 15:50:46
Marc2109
thanks I will check on that
2017/06/04 20:48:07
JohnEgan
eikelbijter
I just bought a 4K LG 49" TV and couldn't be happier! Used a 37" Vizio 1080P for years before that.

Cool, I was just going post question, you just answered, Ive just been looking at upgrading to 4K, (and size).

To OP, also I had been using a 32" Samsung TV for years now. works fine. But as said its all relative (everything's just bigger), cant dynamically scale skylight windows, which would also be nice for FX plugins (like FabFilter's), But you can effectively do want you want using 2 or more monitors (as your graphics card allows), i.e., it allows you to see more things separately at a time. (like I usually have my audio interface software mixer displayed on one), but you could put console, piano roll, open FX plugins, etc. on different monitors.

Cheers
2017/06/09 08:58:27
mudgel
I use a 27" touch screen directly infront of me tilted back so it's about 15deg up from my workstation and my 42" TV is wall mounted about 1.5 metres away the tv is running at 2560 x 1440.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account