2018/08/30 01:56:42
tom1
No disrespect meant to anyone but why do certain members run to a moderator when a post offends them? I get the rules and all but most of these offensive posts would go away quietly wthout moderation.

I understand people are sensitive to political and religious views but too many interesting (imo) posts in the past have been closed. Some of Steve Strummer's religious posts come to mind.

If you do not like the way a post is going all you have to do is ignore it. What's so difficult about that?
2018/08/30 04:16:31
eph221
wtf!
2018/08/30 07:55:08
Kalle Rantaaho
Maybe some think silence is a sign of approval, and they refuse to approve?
I'd enjoy a spicy debate about almost whatever under the sun, as long as it is carried out in a respectful and civilized manner. Unfortunately, years have proved that to be something next to impossible - it always gets ugly or off track.

One of the reasons might be the nature of a web-debate: One writer bases his/her opinions on years of studies/professional experience/education, one on religious or political things and the third one on what he/she heard on the subway this morning.
They  all feel they have a good case, but the starting points are too far apart. Internets curse "every opinion has equal weight" makes it really hard to have a discussion that makes any sense for longer than half a dozen posts.
2018/08/30 11:51:47
jamesg1213
It's a bit pointless starting a political thread here, it'll always get locked eventually. Ironically, Bapu's forum has a section for political discussion, and guess what? No-one uses it.
2018/08/30 13:52:24
Mesh
It seems that most people don't know how to agree to disagree. It's OK to respect people for standing up for what they believe in, even though you might completely disagree with their views.

I have some of my very good friends of mine who have completely different views/beliefs when it comes to religion and politics, but we don't try to impose our beliefs on each other. 
2018/08/30 14:12:11
57Gregy
It leads to name-calling, insults, and general bad feelings, which leads to banning.
Plus, it's pointless.
2018/08/30 14:47:19
bapu
Steve's pen is pointless.
2018/08/30 15:46:57
ampfixer
jamesg1213
It's a bit pointless starting a political thread here, it'll always get locked eventually. Ironically, Bapu's forum has a section for political discussion, and guess what? No-one uses it.

There are a lot of places on the internet to discuss politics. The problem is that nobody discusses anything. They just start yelling and throwing insults. I'm so sick of politics in a world dominated by social media. It's nice to avoid it some times. We are too polarised right now.
2018/08/30 19:43:50
paulo
bapu
Steve's pen is pointless.

Perhaps Every Nib Is Superfluous?
2018/08/30 19:51:51
batsbrew
Kalle Rantaaho
 Internets curse "every opinion has equal weight" makes it really hard to have a discussion that makes any sense for longer than half a dozen posts.

Everybody's got an opinion, but there's such a thing as qualified opinion.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account