2018/08/30 19:54:57
paulo
tom1
No disrespect meant to anyone but why do certain members run to a moderator when a post offends them? I get the rules and all but most of these offensive posts would go away quietly wthout moderation.

I understand people are sensitive to political and religious views but too many interesting (imo) posts in the past have been closed. Some of Steve Strummer's religious posts come to mind.

If you do not like the way a post is going all you have to do is ignore it. What's so difficult about that?

I'm not really convinced that complaints are actually received a lot of the time. There are of course those that like to be "offended" because it somehow makes them feel superior, but I think just as often there is no actual complaint and it's just a convenient excuse for the moderator to wield the power stick and blame someone else for being the spoilsport.

Not saying that this is the case on this occasion, but it's also hard to believe that there was anything for anyone to complain about in the locked thread.

2018/08/31 00:19:33
michaelhanson
I didn't know there was such a thing as a civilized web debate, I have yet to see one that doesn't spin out of control. I don't think people know how to respect a difference of opinion any more.
2018/08/31 00:21:34
michaelhanson
bapu
Steve's pen is pointless.

Penless Steve was appointed?
2018/08/31 02:22:00
bdickens
I don't get it either. What is so hard to understand about "Discussion of off-topic music related subjects. No politics. No religion?"

That's the rules. Don't cry when you violate them and get shut down.

Nothing good ever comes of such "discussions." They always degenerate into bitterness and name calling. I've been as guilty as anyone else in the past, but I have repented. I have decided to do my best to stay away and not get sucked in; things have happened to make me realize where my priorities truly lie and they are NOT in proving to everyone that I am right.
2018/08/31 03:26:45
S.L.I.P.
Lincoln wasn't shot...FAKE NEWS!!!
2018/08/31 04:27:46
eph221
michaelhanson
I didn't know there was such a thing as a civilized web debate, I have yet to see one that doesn't spin out of control. I don't think people know how to respect a difference of opinion any more.

I'm a gree.  DifferAnce.
2018/08/31 14:01:58
Starise
This seems to be pointing to something specific I'm unaware of. FWIW I have never reported anyone or anything to a moderator. I'm not saying I never would, but it is highly unlikely. If anything this forum is well moderated. At one time I think is was a bit over moderated. Maybe that's better than under moderated?
I was on an "anything goes" forum for awhile until they closed it. It didn't really bother me too much. The name calling by grown men usually starts...morons  It becomes a huge waste of time for nothing. No one is going to change their mind. The whole thing just devolves into a bunch of ugly stuff. I guess if you like mud wrestling to the death you might like that.
I think there are always a few who like to push the limits to see where they are or maybe they are just being themselves with no sensibilities, whatever the case they find out soon enough.
I had one post intended to be a funny thing directed toward McQue and I seen it was gone. Someone must have taken it the wrong way....oh well. If they took it like that then I would hope it was deleted.
2018/08/31 14:12:07
emeraldsoul
We should probably fix the education system before we allow unmoderated debates here.

I have never complained but I do like moderators. In moderation.
2018/08/31 19:33:23
paulo
Starise
 FWIW I have never reported anyone or anything to a moderator. 

FWIW and speaking as someone that you actually did report that statement isn't quite true is it?
2018/08/31 19:38:21
paulo
emeraldsoul
We should probably fix the education system before we allow unmoderated debates here.

I have never complained but I do like moderators. In moderation.

Not just here, but anywhere and everywhere I think that anyone should be able to say whatever they like. If anyone else doesn't like or agree with  the opinions expressed by another, don't listen to / read them. It really is that simple. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account