• Coffee House
  • The forever which guitar strings are best (p.3)
2018/09/05 00:41:42
Kamikaze
GHS Precision Flats on my Jazz Bass - I may never change these a la Jamerson
GHS Nylon Tapes on my Acoustic Bass Guitar - Man I love these compared to the clangy stock rounds, they really bring out a woody tone
Daddario Chrome flats on my Dot (335) 12's -  I have moments of loving these to frustration with them being too dull. I play finger style and I still very much a beginner, so I blame my fingers for the variation. I do much prefer the feel of flats, so considering half wound (ground) next time.

My new Guild small bodied still has stock stings, but I have a set of 12's Daddario Nickel Bronze in waiting, once the corrosion hits the unwound strings.

Corrosion on my guitar's unwound strings is a big issue here, but I've recently found that most Daddario strings be they electric or acoustic use the same plain steel strings. PL0012 and PL0016 are the product codes listed on all their 12's. I recently broke a 12 on my Epiphone Dot, and the 16 was pretty rusty, only Meng's shop in HCMC stocks Chromes in Vietnam. But as the unwounds are the same, I took an 11 and 16 from a pack of electric 9's (YOu don;t see electric 12's here in Da Nang or Vietnam in general). But I now know I can take these from an acoustic set.

Being I have 12 and 16 on both my acoustic and electric I'll get some singles for these next time in the UK, seems only the US has these in 5 packs.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account