2018/09/13 14:16:07
fireberd
I purchased a new Novation Impulse MIDI keyboard.  Primarily for the MIDI keyboard. However it has some other functions like a control surface.  I installed the driver and then Automap.  Automap is only compatible with X3 but I tried it anyway and SPlat hung up and went to "not responding" when I tried to add the control surface.  I tried it again with CbB and it never got past the scanning the VST's.  It also is Studio One 3 compatible and I tried it with that and it too hung up installing/scanning add ons.  

Prior to installing the Novation software I did a complete Macrium Reflect full drive disc image (backup).  Rather than just uninstall Automap, I wasn't sure what else it added/changed so I did a Macrium Reflect restore of the disc to get a clean start.  

I reinstalled the driver but is Automap compatible and even worth the hassle?  

2018/09/13 17:47:59
fireberd
Disregard. I found an old thread about this and the general consensus is it doesn't work or work very well.  I'm not going to install it again.

2018/09/13 20:24:31
azslow3
You can try: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,248.0.html

PS. AZ Controller uninstall itself restless in case that does not work
2018/09/13 20:34:02
fireberd
After more consideration, I'm not going to try and use it as a control surface.  I have a Behringer X-Touch.
Automap has a native mode for Studio One 3 and with Automap, Studio One 3 also had problems and I had to use Task Manager to abort it. 

Thanks for the offer.

2018/09/15 08:18:11
azslow3
Mackie Control (X-Touch) can not control soft synthes. Configure Impulse encoders as ACT knobs can compensate.
Automap is not required for that. And you can use Generic Surface plug-in instead of AZ Controller for mapping knobs (in ACT section of it) and may be transport buttons (for convenience).

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account