• SONAR
  • Not Enough Output for Reamping (p.2)
2018/11/27 21:36:39
chuckebaby
RS1979

For instance, how can I set the track output to an output not being used by speakers?

Make sure the output of the track is sent to the Amp sim track VS the master bus/hardware bus (that's the speaker output).
This is done by routing your outputs. you will need to expand the tracks header to see the I/O's.

There's actually really good instructions right here
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/208364625-Using-a-Focusrite-interface-when-re-amping-guitars
2018/11/27 21:46:09
chuckebaby
I have a feeling your issue starts from the very basics.

1- Open preferences and make sure your I/O's are selected (I/O = Inputs/outputs).
You need to make sure these are all checked off under devices in preferences.

2- Make sure the output of your DI track is being sent directly to the Reamp output on your Focusrite (this can be achieved by selecting your output in the Tracks I/O section)

3- Send the input of your Microphone that is capturing your amped tracks to a blank track called "Reamped" (This track differs from Reamp DI).

4- Record the "Reamped track only.

If this doesn't work, pull the ART out of the equation and retest.

2018/11/28 04:13:42
RS1979
chuckebaby
RS1979

For instance, how can I set the track output to an output not being used by speakers?

Make sure the output of the track is sent to the Amp sim track VS the master bus/hardware bus (that's the speaker output).
This is done by routing your outputs. you will need to expand the tracks header to see the I/O's.

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/208364625-Using-a-Focusrite-interface-when-re-amping-guitars

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "amp sim track". My options in the output selection don't include that.
2018/11/28 04:18:29
RS1979
I seem to have everything working fine now. I think that the ART reamp box is a bit weak as stated by a previous reply, so I may return it for something better. The problem I'm having now is latency while reamping. My reamped tracks are out of time and I don't know how to remedy this. My microphone is only about five or six inches from my speaker. Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated.
2018/11/28 19:17:50
Base 57
Adjust the "Manual Offset". Preferences/Audio/Sync and Caching.
2018/11/29 12:34:52
chuckebaby
RS1979
chuckebaby
RS1979

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "amp sim track". My options in the output selection don't include that.

There are 2 tracks needed in order to reamp.
1- The DI OUT track
2- The Amp sim track = better known as "the signal coming IN from your microphone" (from your amp/speaker).

The latency problems you are having ? I have no idea. You can try shifting the WAV file over.
Just check for phase with previous DI audio track.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account