• Songs
  • Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune - new mix July 24, 2016) (p.6)
2016/07/29 10:43:44
bapu
Thanks Ken.
Now you can get to Beer O'Clock

2016/07/29 11:06:28
BobF
Fun tune.  It has a nice beat and it's easy to dance to - I give it a 10!
2016/08/19 12:25:53
bapu
BobF
Fun tune.  It has a nice beat and it's easy to dance to - I give it a 10!

10 out of 100 is a start.
2016/08/19 13:45:33
Frugaard
Thanks for sharing this guys! Really catchy song! The vocals sounds great, and I love the guitar!

May I ask what you used tracking the guitar?

-Øyvind
2016/08/19 18:32:43
jamesyoyo
I would like to take a crack at a remix idea I have for this track. Let me know if you're up for it!
2016/08/24 08:59:43
Beepster
Frugaard
Thanks for sharing this guys! Really catchy song! The vocals sounds great, and I love the guitar!

May I ask what you used tracking the guitar?

-Øyvind

Most of the guits were programmed by Bapu using some fancy sampler thingie.

I did the intro and the solo (and one other part? I forget it's been a while).

For those I just went line in to my Focusrite 18i6 multi input set to the Inst setting (IIRC). I think I used TH2 for this one with one of my custom made presets. I'd have to look at the project again but I generally use the weird custom/licensed boutique amps in TH2 (Brunetti and/or maybe the TLW head(s)). I am almost certain I used the "Taxi Drive" distortion pedal before the amp models.

My guitar is a modified Yamaha Pacifica with a "Hot Strat" pickup config (Seymour Duncan's). I either used the bridge humbucker or mixed it with the middle single coil (or possibly use the button style push pots to turn the humbucker into a single coil but I don't think so).

Cheers.

PS: I wasn't very happy with the tone I got for the intro but the actual solo came out pretty nicely. I of course had to make sure it fit in with the guit parts Bapu had setup.
2016/08/24 10:40:27
Johnbee58
This is neat!  Nice arrangement and good mix balance between the instruments.  Especially like the background vocal harmony.

John B.
2016/08/24 11:36:33
Beepster
*phameless plug*

BTW...

My guitar services are for hire and I come cheap. If anyone has some work for me just send me a PM.

and now... I must take a shower to wash away the shamelessness.

;-)
2016/08/24 12:40:01
Unknowen
A cross between Elvis and the Talking Heads… Nothing original or fresh. No real hook.
Just a generic song… I guess I was expecting more from the gallery…
I'll check out others... hoping to find a gem... :)

Peace!
2016/08/24 13:52:06
Unknowen
Well off I went to your cloud...
I can’t help myself…
You put your music up for people to hear and comment on…
Anyone here who tells you guy “that you are even close too good” are lying!
It sounds like you may have talent as musicians. But channel it with any creativity is beyond your comprehension. Truly, what are you thinking? Can’t you hear how bad you are? I’m sorry but facts are facts! I’m embarrassed for you! OMG! Really?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account