• Songs
  • Bapu, Beagle and Beepster do What Lovers Do (original tune - new mix July 24, 2016) (p.8)
2016/08/24 15:36:04
bapu
Dave000

But when I got to Huz So GU or whatever??

Methinks you were listening to John "Cougar" Mellancamp's Hurts So Good and got your knickers in a twist.

And, BTW. Thanks for keeping this song at the top of the page.

2016/08/24 17:50:57
eph221
I'm thinkin Warren 
Zevon.  Ad-
mirable job men
2016/08/24 19:38:43
Unknowen
Just to the point…
Yea you listen to Molly and watched my video about my studio space…
I may have flubbed what I said… lol, and?

I listened to ALL of your songs up to and including the JC song… every one of them.
Trying to find anything to like! You got your way as well…
The difference is… you tried to make a joke at my expense… but I truly laugh with you…
That’s me…
BUT There was nothing funny to say about your songs! But I could have taken that route…
But I didn’t. Maybe you could review what you’re doing and at least try to raze your bar…

I did say you were good musicians! And I did try and find something to like. I’m not your mom, friend or your buddy here… you made that clear… “never forgive” But I started out trying to be objective.

You know I always tell it like it is! If you wanted I could have given you a list of everything that was wrong with each of your songs…  But there are others here that maybe will need and want help LIKE ME…

Do you really think that if you had something cool, I wouldn’t say so? I would…
I was dying to hear something that I could have said "that was cool"! yea.. just to get a thank you and MAYBE try and mend some fences... if you haven’t noticed…
And yup! I said what you NEEDED to here…

As far as picking on my song… that’s all I was saying… if it needs help TELL ME… that’s not childish. That’s why most of us are here… That’s why I came here last night… to the song area. why? Because I do respect many here and trust their judgment.
And frankly I don’t know what to think of people that like what you are doing…
I expected your songs to be professionally done and not half… done bad raw mixes..

Do you think it was easy for me to put a song up here? No! lol
My head went to a fun place and thought what the heck… Molly has been up for nearly a year and I’m just now putting it up here…

There are all types of people here and you can’t expect different personalities to follow the leaders or be ban mentality…
I stand behind what I said AND trying to “imply” an insult me won’t work…   It may be funny to the peanut gallery but I couldn’t care less…. Raze your bar and let me hear what you can really do!
OR are you really happy with the stuff you have online here? Truly, honestly, sincerely, I’m not trying to cut “you” as people down… I’m saying “get a clue” on what you do and raze your bar… That is my simple advice just as telling you Elvis is cool, and has some cool songs but NOT everyone can pull it off…
I know you guys know your S*iT within sonar...and you can play,
do something great! FRESH and NEW... get a new singer or use melodyne.
But if you don't care.... what's the point of "creation"? 

And as just to a point… keeping your song on top?
It makes Cakewalk software look like a joke!
HEY, listen to what these guys did with Splat… You think this should be our next DAW? hahaha...

peace!!!!!!! :)
2016/08/24 19:42:27
Unknowen
bapu
Dave000
Maybe you can cut down my songs.... That would seem fair...

Don't need to be fair.

I listened to Molly. 

When something is not my cup o tea I simply do not comment. I move on.

'Nuff said.

you could have offered mixing advice.... as I do, and have over the years on other sites… and stepping out of your box and listing to and analyzing music not of your taste makes you more creative at the least...
Peace!
2016/08/24 19:50:51
Beepster
Uh oh. Looks like someone decided to take a cheap shot at the big boys and got his feelers hurt.

lol

Go away.
2016/08/25 09:37:24
Unknowen
Beepster
Uh oh. Looks like someone decided to take a cheap shot at the big boys and got his feelers hurt.

lol

Go away.

yea, I don't get that? but ok... twist and shout... ;)
2016/08/25 09:46:06
Beepster
Dave000
Beepster

lol

Go away.

It means that if you don't want to get called out on your nonsense stop posting nonsense.

Seriously, you're like those dweebs who walk into a bar and mouths off to/picks fights with everyone then whines when they get bounced or smacked around a bit.

Slow your roll.
2016/08/25 10:46:56
BASSJOKER
LOL......"Slow your roll"....love that line....use it about everyday.....also "Lets Rock" ...which is from wayyyy back in the day.   Anyway.....sigh....I guess I gotta chime in my .02 cents a second fellas....though I realllllly don't care to much to defend this side or that.  I just think we have a diff set of paradigms going on around here A LOT.  My reason to hang around here....and I am finally...after many moons of just givin little bits of feedback(verrrry busy as most) here and there....trying to start sharing some of my material/songs what have ya that I care deeply about and want to improve my recording/mixing abilities to make the best demo's I can .....not trying to get a radio edit down.   That said....I think its cool that a lot of cats who been here a long time ( Its cool/informative to see the discussions from years back...like when Melodyne first was up n coming....with all its flaws n troubles etc...) have a camaraderie of writing and recording at times....covers or not....its a forum of people with same interests(duh)...and at times like to corroborate on songs...covers/similars/what have you.  I don't expect that they wrote/played it for you (or me) but for their personal enjoyment first....and kindly "share" with those who may or may not wanna indulge...(duhh).  This is not a proving ground for hits...cause they few and far between and that's for the masses to decide.
 Anyway.....hope my input does nothing but give ya a lil smile on where im coming from....maybe a lil too Switzerland....but hey....it's how I roll...usually  ;o)
2016/08/25 10:54:38
Unknowen
Beepster
Dave000
Beepster

lol

Go away.

It means that if you don't want to get called out on your nonsense stop posting nonsense.

Seriously, you're like those dweebs who walk into a bar and mouths off to/picks fights with everyone then whines when they get bounced or smacked around a bit.

Slow your roll.

so you are really saying you are some kind of "Big Boy"? and that I care if you call me out?  or that you are round about-ly calling me names? or are you saying that I'm like say.. John Lennon? what are you saying? ;)
Oh! you are just twisting what I said again... I get it now! you think that my reply to bapu or whatever was some kind of cowardly act to defend myself from some other random post... so yea, that would be a no... I was just pointing out another way to expand ones mind into new artistic areas and be able to help more people... maybe bapu could explain for himself?  
2016/08/25 10:59:45
bapu
Bapu Am what Bapu Am.

.....explained.

Thanks again Pete for keeping this song at the top of the page so that those who have not listened to will get a chance to.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account