2016/06/04 13:30:43
azslow3
Ah... sorry, I have not noticed your VS-700. It had to be (and somehow was) integrated. The driver is the only problematic point, Sonar side is almost "open source", but the driver is not. I was following that sad story.
2016/11/06 11:57:06
musicroom
I use iPad apps with digital mixers and also have used one to control studio one. Remote control - what's not to like? I find it very useful when recording alone, a few steps away from the PC. It can also work as a controller and / or another viewing screen when editing. Not being a programmer, I have no idea what I'm asking for in terms of time and effort to develop an app. But I would appreciate one. Hopefully the cake staff is already working on one along side with the Apple Sonar project.
2016/11/06 12:02:48
scook
merged
2016/11/06 15:01:09
ricoskyl
I know Azslow3 mentioned this in passing, but I've had some good experience with the remote interface Behringer offers for their X-32 line (PC, mac, android) and I have to say it's really nice to cut the cord.  Just about every function available in hardware cane be accessed on the app.  (Important for their rack model.)

2016/11/07 16:15:52
kzmaier
I submitted this feature request as well , see link below.  I like the idea where you use a web browser as the client.  Then all smart phones work with your home wifi.

I developed a simple transport control for Sonar 7, it required loopbe on the PC, and worked on my ipod.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Web-server-providing-simple-transport-controls-m3501865.aspx
2016/11/07 17:45:19
azslow3
musicroom
I use iPad apps with digital mixers and also have used one to control studio one. Remote control - what's not to like? I find it very useful when recording alone, a few steps away from the PC. It can also work as a controller and / or another viewing screen when editing. Not being a programmer, I have no idea what I'm asking for in terms of time and effort to develop an app. But I would appreciate one. Hopefully the cake staff is already working on one along side with the Apple Sonar project.

With apps controlling mixers, with DAWs mimicking mixers and with apps controlling DAWs and mimicking mixers there can be some confusion what can do which operations...

The reality at the moment is not following logic but marketing. Instead of integrating all these things (such effort could be seen a while ago) companies splitting them! Mixers have motor faders, can be controlled by apps but... for no technical reason do not control DAWs or do this on unexpectedly bad level (f.e. "low resolution" with no touch signal, coming from touch sensitive hi resolution hardware). Common "protocols" for communication between DAW and an audio interface define nothing to control the interface, not even input gain.

There WAS approaches to integrate things, using MIDI. Cakewalk had StudioWare, Roland had MIDI controllable VS. With OSC it could be finally possible to make integrated remote controllers to "glue" audio devices and DAWs. But these technologies was abandoned.

I am slowly integrating my VS-20 into Sonar (I know I am several years "too late" with that). And some parts are working! For example, when I focus some track in Sonar and arm it, the gain, input selector and direct monitor level are restored for that track (when the track is disarmed, direct monitor is muted), if then something is changed (on device or in Sonar), new settings are "remembered". Since I can control Sonar also from my phone with OSC, I can effectively recall/control the gain of VS-20 from the same app!  I wish the preset inside VS-20 is also restored (and I know how to do this). For me, all that looks logical. But unfortunately not for hardware nor software producers...
2016/11/07 18:38:52
BBZ
I votes 5 stars for this feature.
2016/11/07 19:33:44
BobF
I've used remote desktop apps from my Android tablet.  I'd say this kind of thing is already available.  Personally I would rather see ACT/CS functionality updates for real hardware than to have Cake expend resources on a special purpose iTool.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account