2017/06/16 11:54:17
loonytunes
Sorry to dig this one up but I bought this years ago and fancy revisiting it, I have the reg information in my account serial etc but its no longer available to download from cakewalk account although the 2.5 update is...weird, anyhow anyone know where I can obtain a copy of the full installer for this, do not require cracks or similar as I have genuine license for product just cannot find an installer anywhere.
2017/06/16 12:09:35
chuckebaby
Welcome to the forums.
Have you looked in your Cakewalk account ?
Its probably too old to be listed. im sorry to hear about this. P5 was great for its time.
I suggest Sonar Home studio. Its only 50 bucks and it will bring you up to date with a ton of new features.
https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR-Home-Studio
2017/06/16 12:31:32
ChazEd
Judging by this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=455613

It's safe to say that Project5 was beloved among it's fan base.

Why, Cakewalk, why?

Bring it back!
2017/06/16 13:06:23
pwalpwal
i think the full version installers were only ever delivered on physical media, which is why only the update is downloadable
i'm not sure how you might get a legitimate copy of the full installer other than via the usual er customer support
(though p5's looking a bit long in the tooth these days, very DirectX etc, i moved to ableton live when they didn't/wouldn't go multi-core or x64, no regrets)
good luck!
2017/06/16 14:45:33
AT
P5 was a synth player originally.  P5v2 added a lot of things, including Cake's Dimension and audio recording, which made it another DAW.  No one in DAW-land invests in 2 different DAWs.  Rather than expanding on the newer P5 code, Cake plowed money into adding P5-like features onto SONAR's code.  In fact, the X series looks more like the cleaner, simpler P5 than the old SONAR.
2017/06/16 20:34:54
abacab
I saved my disks.  Don't think Cake ever posted them up for download.  This thing came as boxed software back in the day.  The P5 installer still runs OK on Win 10 x64.

The downside is it's only 32-bit, so you are limited to 32-bit plugs.  And it's single core, single threaded, so you won't be able to build humongous projects like with Sonar Platinum. 

But it's still fun to revisit, with the clean interface and all! 
2017/06/17 08:59:10
loonytunes
abacab
I saved my disks.  Don't think Cake ever posted them up for download.  This thing came as boxed software back in the day.  The P5 installer still runs OK on Win 10 x64.

The downside is it's only 32-bit, so you are limited to 32-bit plugs.  And it's single core, single threaded, so you won't be able to build humongous projects like with Sonar Platinum. 

But it's still fun to revisit, with the clean interface and all! 

Hi abacab, yes I have have Reason 9.5 as my main daw but really fancied toying around with it, I cant remember having the boxed version of it though sure I downloaded it from my account originally but then, twas a long time ago, my info is in the account so I must have got it from somewhere lol
2017/06/27 18:58:41
Monosoma
why is my post deleted? Is it not allowed to share old installers? It´s original, not cracked.
2017/06/27 19:06:10
scook
The software is owned by Cakewalk. It is not your software to share for any reason.
2017/06/27 19:15:13
Monosoma
mh ok. Is there any possibilty to get the installer? I own the product and am happy that i backup the installer files. 
but some are not so lucky
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account