2018/12/04 01:08:28
Bflat5
Not sure where to find MIDI event list editor.

I just noticed something else that's al screwy. SD3... When I insert it Sonar creates the tracks, then I always set SD3 to multichannel outputs. Now it will not work. Everything goes to one channel as if I didn't select the multi outs.
2018/12/04 01:13:50
Grem
Your said that this is on a machine that has a fresh install of everything. Now stuff is not working like it use to.

Something went different with the fresh install is what I am thinking.

Did you do as JonD suggested and 'Reset' then 'Rescan' your plugins in CbB?
2018/12/04 01:56:47
abacab
Bflat5
Not sure where to find MIDI event list editor.

Just first select the MIDI track, then on the Sonar top menu: "Views: Event List".  That will open the editor with the selected track in the editor.  The first column shows the track number of the active track in the view.

Or else use the "Tracks" selector menu in the Event List after you have that view open.
2018/12/06 02:47:06
Bflat5
Grem
Your said that this is on a machine that has a fresh install of everything. Now stuff is not working like it use to.

Something went different with the fresh install is what I am thinking.

Did you do as JonD suggested and 'Reset' then 'Rescan' your plugins in CbB?

I did and it seems to have corrected the multichannel out in SD3, but the MODO problem remains.
2018/12/06 07:34:57
TheSteven
Bflat5
I have found that MODO will work until I import the midi.

If you load an old project w MODO that formerly worked does MODO still work?
If you take an new project, add MODO and manually input MIDI notes (not importing) does MODO keep working?
If so, with your broken project - if you delete all MODO's MIDI data does MODO start to work again?

If answers to all the above are Yes, then there is something in the MIDI you are importing for this project that is causing the issue.
2018/12/06 15:59:11
Bflat5
I haven't had MODO very long. I've made one project with it on another machine.

Here's what I have done so far. created a new project using different midi. Nothing. Created a new project using SI-BASS. Same thing, nothing.

I can see the meters moving as though it is playing, but no sound. Odd that SD3 plays fine, but no matter what Bass MIDI or plug-in I use there's no sound.
2018/12/06 20:12:13
abacab
Bflat5

I can see the meters moving as though it is playing, but no sound. Odd that SD3 plays fine, but no matter what Bass MIDI or plug-in I use there's no sound.

If you substitute a piano VST (or any keyboard instrument with a full range of playable MIDI notes) for the bass, does it play?
2018/12/06 20:24:54
Bflat5
abacab
Bflat5

If you substitute a piano VST (or any keyboard instrument with a full range of playable MIDI notes) for the bass, does it play?

It doesn't play either. I've tried Dimension Pro, SI-Bass, SI-Strings, and of course MODO. I've re-installed CbB and Removed Sonar thinking maybe the fact that it's demo mode now may have something to do with it.

I've used midi files that have worked with other plug-ins in the past. Nothing works now, except SD3.
2018/12/06 20:51:15
Bflat5
Ok, I just installed Reaper. It works perfectly. I still had to transpose the midi an octave, but MODO works as it should.

Something has definitely gone all funky with CbB.
2018/12/06 22:54:24
abacab
Oh well, sorry to hear that.

If you are so inclined, here are some clean install instructions in a scook post: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3802014
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account