2014/12/16 17:23:12
sharke
CakeAlexS
I would also add that I would like to be able to remove the quadcurve from the channel if I'm not using it.

I would like that as well, at least you can collapse it though.
2014/12/17 04:47:05
mudgel
Like any fx, we should be able to use multiple Pro Channel modules in any sequence we want.
2015/01/26 01:02:55
Steve Lum
Yeah, this just came up for me, exactly as mentioned above, wanting a quadcurve before AND after a compressor.  As I sat looking at ways to solve it and what EQ I would choose, I suddenly got confused about why there are two paradigms - an effects stack in the primary channel strip and then the add-on prochannel that you have to pop before or after the effect stack.  Then we have the work-around thing with the FX Chain, to let us weave non-prochannel plugs into the prochannel.  I am starting to feel like it really is a user interface design mess.

In any case, I agree that we should be able to have more than one quadcurve in the PC.  I guess what I really wish for is a single container, perhaps designed visually like the prochannel, that could host any of the PC plugs as well "non-prochannel" plugs, without having to hide the non-PC plugs in a container.
2015/01/28 18:36:27
ralf
All restrictions on the Pro Channel should be removed. Not only to use any number of instances of quad-EQ (including none). Also, the default bus and channel compressors exclude each other and are limited to a single instance. Tube saturaton is also limited to a single instance.

I don't think there are any technical reasons for these limitations. It's just the idea of the Pro channel rebuilding a real console, where this kind of limitations would hold.
2016/06/08 03:28:12
Rasure
Multiple instances of PC EQ and/or at least a second striped down version for low/high cut or shelving.

2016/06/08 04:43:51
tzzsmk
actually I would really welcome if it was possible to "pin" the expanded view of the EQ, and be able to MOVE it around, so that way I could open multiple track EQs :)
2016/06/09 19:38:56
KyRo
The ability to stack multiple ProChannel compressors would be nice, too!
2016/06/09 19:50:10
scook
It is possible except for the PC76 U-type and PC4K S-type bus compressor. They were written before the modular PC when there was only one slot for a compressor. All the other PC compressors do not have the original PC restrictions.
2016/06/09 20:10:06
KyRo
scook
It is possible except for the PC76 U-type and PC4K S-type bus compressor. They were written before the modular PC when there was only one slot for a compressor. All the other PC compressors do not have the original PC restrictions.

Sorry, scook, that's what I meant - multiple instances of the stock 76 and/or 4K compressors.
2016/06/11 10:15:31
jpetersen
Strange is that starting a blank project and adding a track will result in a totally empty PC. No QuadCurve, nothing.

So a PC without the QC EQ is technically possible.

But if you then add the QuadCurve, you cannot ever remove it again.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account