2016/10/20 10:58:36
JF_Composer
Hi everyone,
I just started to use Z3ta+2. I was creating sounds and everything was really good until I came up to pitchbend settings.
I set up exactly the way I usually do on other synths, plus one octave. but something isn't right, I use the wheel a lot and the fact is that when quickly push or pull it, the note isn't the right one(And it's not always the same...) and when I release it to fast, it stays at a random note.... not the original one..... That's pretty curious, never had this kind of experience before...
Here's an example of what I try to say with one of my "Work in progress" presets and a factory one:

I tried a few things and nothing changed...
It would help a lot if someone had a clue on this...

Thanks very much!
2016/10/20 10:59:58
JF_Composer
Damn, I can't give the dropbox link to the audio example... Anyone knows how I can add it?
2016/10/20 11:00:18
JF_Composer

2016/10/20 11:22:32
TheMaartian
JF_Composer
Damn, I can't give the dropbox link to the audio example... Anyone knows how I can add it?

You need to have at least 5 (I think) posts in a couple of different subforums (or some similar kind of rule).

For now, you can paste the link text and add some spaces in it that we can remove ourselves.

Edit: Also, a couple of things that will help us help you:

1) Put your system info in your signature via the User Control Panel. See mine as an example.

2) Tell us what specific Z3TA+2 patch(es) you were using.

3) Tell us what specific steps you followed to get the issue.

I'll then try to recreate it on my system.
2016/10/20 11:25:07
JF_Composer
Clever! Thanks for the info, here's the link, just had to remove the http thing: dropbox.com/s/m6pa60cqezfojpf/pitchbend%20test.wav?dl=0
2016/10/20 11:29:13
TheMaartian
JF_Composer
Clever! Thanks for the info, here's the link, just had to remove the http thing: dropbox.com/s/m6pa60cqezfojpf/pitchbend%20test.wav?dl=0

That worked fine. Downloaded and listened to it. Waiting on patches and specific steps to recreate.
2016/10/20 11:32:10
JF_Composer
You can use the factory preset "Big Bass Lead FS" in showcase as is, it's the second sound on the audio sample, I didn't touch anything on it
2016/10/20 11:50:54
TheMaartian
You mention both "modwheel" (in the thread title) and "pitchbend" elsewhere.

I tried both with the patch you mention in standalone mode (desktop app, not via VST in SONAR). Pitchbend worked very smoothly, both up and down, and always returned to the note I was playing on my keyboard when I released the wheel from any position. The modwheel produced some interesting variation, but, again, it was smooth and predictable.

So far, I'm not able to recreate your issue.

If you have Z3TA instantiated in SONAR, please provide additional info (again, items 1-3 above). What audio i/f? What sample rate? What buffer size? If not SONAR on a PC, what?

EDIT: One thing that was weird for me was, for the factory content patches (at least the one you mentioned), Z3TA tried to access Drive E: 3-4 times, popping up an error message which I cancelled, before loading the patch. That doesn't happen with any of the (many) other patches for Z3TA+2 that I've installed. Need to check that out.

EDIT 2: Just checked. It's only that specific patch that's looking for Drive E:. None of the others I tried in Factory Content do that. So, TRY A DIFFERENT PATCH. SAME PROBLEM?
2016/10/20 11:57:51
JF_Composer
Damn, sorry I wrote a bit too fast, nothing to do with the modwheel, it's just the pitchbend that goes wrong...
Anyway, I played with the Korg Microkey. It was in standalone mode only, buffer at 512, 44100 with asio4all.

Do you know how I can change the title of the thread? You're right, I only meant pitchbend...
2016/10/20 12:00:03
TheMaartian
JF_Composer
Damn, sorry I wrote a bit too fast, nothing to do with the modwheel, it's just the pitchbend that goes wrong...
Anyway, I played with the Korg Microkey. It was in standalone mode only, buffer at 512, 44100 with asio4all.

Do you know how I can change the title of the thread? You're right, I only meant pitchbend...

Go back and edit the first post in the thread. I think that's where you can change the title. We do that here all the time, to add text like "[Solved]" to a problem post.

EDIT: ASIO4All. Hmmm. Been known to cause all kinds of problems.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account