2016/10/20 12:05:49
JF_Composer
Well I tested another patch, same problem.... Tried with Arturia's MiniV no problem... Curious...
2016/10/20 12:15:14
TheMaartian
Got a couple of things to do. I'll come back to this later.
2016/10/20 12:40:23
pwalpwal
did you check the bend settings on the perform tab?
2016/10/20 12:42:23
JF_Composer
TheMaartian
Got a couple of things to do. I'll come back to this later.

Thank you.

pwalpwal
did you check the bend settings on the perform tab?

I did, yes, and it's the same on every patch...
2016/10/20 12:44:24
rsinger
Is the pitch bend range on the Korg Microkey set the same as Z3ta+2? The controller and the synth have to match otherwise you get results similar to what you describe.

2016/10/20 13:19:14
JF_Composer
I believe so. Plus it works without issue on other synths. This is very curious...
2016/10/20 15:20:58
TheMaartian
rsinger
Is the pitch bend range on the Korg Microkey set the same as Z3ta+2? The controller and the synth have to match otherwise you get results similar to what you describe.

I don't understand this answer.

For a simple MIDI keyboard controller, there are no pitchbend settings that I know of. It's up to each soft synth to decide what to do with the Pitch Up and Pitch Down data.

I can change the Perform tab settings for Bend Up and Bend Down on the fly from the default of +/- 2 semitones anywhere in the +/- 12 semitone range, and Z3TA+2 responds beautifully. You can even set both settings '+' (up) or '-' (down).

For example, set the patch to Classic Rock Lead XS, Bend Up to +10 (a flatted seventh up) and Bend Down to +5 (a fourth up), with the rest left at default. Play a C3 or C4. Bend it up; bend it down. Works and sounds great. You can set the two intervals to whichever chord notes you want to shift the played (root) note to, and let 'er rip.
2016/10/20 16:05:22
rsinger
I think a controller can send out an RPN to tell the synth what the bend range is, but not all do. I use some guitar to midi controllers that don't allow you to change the pitch bend range and if the synth doesn't match the controller pitch bends won't work properly.
2016/10/20 18:13:54
JF_Composer
Well, as I said I'm using a basic midi controller and the thing is that the problem I have is only with Z3ta... So I believe it's not hardware related... That's pretty anoying 'cause I love the sounds I get(Progressive metal sounds, lead and guitar doubling) but the pitchbend issue makes it unusable... I use it a lot... Tomorrow I'll try it with another computer, standalone and vst.... Maybe it comes from my surface 3 but I don't think so as all my other syths and vsts work without this issue...
2016/10/23 14:15:37
JF_Composer
Nobody else has an idea?
That's very curious I'm the only one to experience this.....
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account