2016/11/04 23:56:09
scook
The command will not overwrite "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro"

As I mentioned above since you moved everything under "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro" you can safely delete the "Rapture Pro" folder in "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data"

You must do this before creating the directory junction with mklink
2016/11/04 23:56:21
Fabio Rubato
Okay, I think I see what you're doing...creating a 'shortcut' to where the files now live. So I deleted what I mistakenly created and did the paste into command prompt and when it did its thing. Now when I click on this file in C, it takes me to J. 

Would not just creating a shortcut from J Sample Data to C Sample Data achieve the same thing? 

2016/11/04 23:59:06
scook
No, a shortcut will not work. While it looks similar to a shortcut, a directory junction is a different type of filesystem entry.
2016/11/05 00:14:52
Fabio Rubato
okay...thanks, tested and samples - from what I tested - are working now. Nice work and thanks a lot. Well done. 

Cheers 
2016/11/05 00:20:02
scook
Good news. As far as RPro is concerned nothing has changed. Any new expansion packs will also follow the directory junction and install in the folders on J.

Marking as solved....done
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account