• Cakewalk Instruments
  • [Solved] Trying to move Rapture Pro Dimension Pro and Rapture libraries to second HDD (p.2)
2016/11/06 08:39:38
scook
You are welcome. Now that you know how easy the process is feel free to pass on the info when someone else posts a question about it. To mark a thread solved edit your original post and modify the subject line.
2016/11/06 10:01:58
TheMaartian
Question for you, scook.

Is it possible to simply move the entire "C:\Cakewalk Content" directory to another drive, and issue a single command?

mklink /j "C:\Cakewalk Content" "D:\Cakewalk Content"

Would that redirect any attempt to read or write any file or subdirectory under it? If so, is the syntax correct (no trailing backslash)?

It would be nice to only have to create a single directory junction.

I've been on Windows since Win386, and this is the first I've heard of directory junctions. And I used to write drivers for it. Sheesh. Still learning!
2016/11/06 10:13:50
scook
I have not moved the entire tree but it should work fine. The OS redirects all reads and writes. It is as if the directory was still on C. The syntax is correct, no trailing backslash needed. Note: the mklink command does not actually move the data. You will have to move the folder first. The mklink command only creates the directory junction.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account