2017/05/29 09:00:27
VinylJunkie
AT
And don't expect much help from HP when you can't get SONAR working right ;-)

Exactly. Imagine phoning a call centre to sort out your audio dropouts. The after service of a DAW builder shouldn't be overlooked.
2017/05/30 15:57:16
patm300e
+1 for Jim.  He even chimes in on this forum to help users who do not even own one of his machines.  That is service!
2017/05/30 19:48:02
vladasyn
I like to build computers for fun. Not as much experience as Jim, but I know what I am doing- most of the time. I would recommend to do it yourself because it is a good skill to learn. Now days it is as hard as putting together Lego. Everything marked, everything fits only one way, fool proofed with no risk. The hardest part is to apply thermal paste and CPU cooler, everything else is easy- my 12 years old knows how to build computer. And soooo much fun! 

Also you probably aware that Goliath releasing new model Goliath HD available in July. Unfortunately, they do not work with Thunderbolt on Windows- see my thread on this forum. You will have to use USB 3 on HD model, which is $7000, no discounts, or USB 2 on old model $4500.  
2017/05/31 01:10:25
abacab
vladasyn
 The hardest part is to apply thermal paste and CPU cooler, everything else is easy-

Arctic Silver! 
2017/05/31 14:24:19
Starise
Man if that isn't a catchy marketing term I don't know what is. ARCTIC SILVER....Brrrrrrrrrr. I get cold just reading it. Better wear gloves with that stuff. We're in nipple salute territory.

It really works well though. I used it on my last build. I can't guarantee it's  from the arctic . It is silver. I think it works better than what they usually give you with the cpu.

Just remember, it isn't like you're icing a cake with this stuff. A little dab will do.
2017/06/04 05:10:22
kawika
Bought a computer from Jim Roseberry. Stepped me through each choice over the phone---very helpful. Yea.....bugged about Goliath's USB 2.0 for windows, maybe I'll go a different route for interface?
2017/06/04 09:21:34
Genghis
Congrats man! You'll love your StudioCat DAW.  My last two computers have been from Jim, and I ended up selling the first one to a friend who is still using it after I upgraded to a newer system.  Solid systems all the way around.
2017/06/05 06:07:26
kawika
right on...yea, looking forward to it!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account