2017/05/31 23:50:09
silvercn
Hi : will be getting a new desktop delivered the beginning of June. I have Sonar Professional so just assume I can  download and install that software and its various components to the new one. But what is the best way to transfer projects, plug-ins and even some of my within-DAW settings I have saved.    Thanks! 
2017/06/01 01:09:02
musicroom
I typically copy the files below from the current computer to an external hard drive or USB for transferring to a different PC.

- Sonar Project Folder (where ever you keep it - mine's on a separate internal drive for audio)

The following folders from the Cakewalk Content Folder:

C:\Cakewalk Content\SONAR Platinum\FX Chain Presets
C:\Cakewalk Content\SONAR Platinum\ProChannel Presets
C:\Cakewalk Content\SONAR Platinum\Project Templates
C:\Cakewalk Content\SONAR Platinum\Track Templates

For my Plugin Management:
C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\SONAR Platinum\Plug-in Menu Layouts

2017/06/01 03:18:54
silvercn
Thank you Dave
2017/06/01 13:52:22
dwardzala
If you keep your projects on a separate drive from your OS, you could just pull the drive out of the old computer and put it in the new computer.  This assumes there is a free drive bay in the new computer and you don't want to use drive/old computer for something else.
2017/06/01 18:56:55
patm300e
dwardzala
If you keep your projects on a separate drive from your OS, you could just pull the drive out of the old computer and put it in the new computer.  This assumes there is a free drive bay in the new computer and you don't want to use drive/old computer for something else.

+1 That is how I do it!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account