2018/08/01 12:49:20
Mesh
Anyone have this or had this?
You know, pressure around the forehead, eyeball pain, shoulder/neck tightness/pain etc....a lot of discomfort (unless the eyes are closed).
I work with the computer all day and it's getting in the way of my day to day activities (been going to bed very early in the evening, just to get some relief). Even with good rest, I still get it a few hours into the morning.  
I'm going to see an ophthalmologist today, but wondered what you guys do with this condition...very annoying.

2018/08/01 14:14:07
jamesg1213
Do you wear glasses Mesh?
2018/08/01 14:19:09
Jim Roseberry
It may be the monitor you're using.
Years ago, when flat-screen monitors first came out, I had one that caused horrible eye-strain migraine headaches.
Working 12+ hours was almost a guaranteed migraine.

Take breaks and make sure not to stare at the monitor during these periods.
This helps for RSI issues too.

If possible, I'd try a different monitor (especially if the current one is older).
Make sure the refresh-rate is at least 60Hz at the resolution you wish to run.

2018/08/01 15:39:55
Mesh
James, I do wear glasses and it's also time for a new Rx.

Good tips there Jim. Yeah these monitors are a bit old, flat screen LCD's but older.  The refresh rate is 60Hz and resolution is at the maximum 1440 x 990. I've lowered the brightness and contrast as well.

Will check with the IT dept. on getting a newer monitor with better resolution. I've read that this condition is also due to dry eyes, but will wait and see what the Doc has to say. I surely hope there's a remedy for this.....no joke when it comes to eyesight.

Thanks chaps for chiming in. 

2018/08/01 16:00:01
Starise
Same here- On a computer all day. I ordered prescription glasses specifically for the computer. I use my regular prescripts driving home. The older monitors had more issues with glare than the more recent ones. No matter what you do though, too much time staring at a monitor isn't good. You need an occasional break. They also make computer reading glasses which I also have. They have UV shielding built in. Highly recommended.
2018/08/01 17:55:05
Mesh
I will definitely look into the PC reading glasses.....anything will help at this point.
2018/08/01 18:03:01
Starise
Here's da link. Might not be your style. These aren't the ones I have but similar.
GLASSES
2018/08/01 18:58:31
Mesh
Thanks Tim for the link. The only thing is I wear Rx glasses (I'm blind as a bat...) and not sure those would work for me?
2018/08/01 19:30:17
bapu
Mesh
no joke when it comes to eyesight.

All in all if I had to make a choice, I'd choose hearing over eyesight. I mean it works for Stevie and Ray.

Sadly I can't hear. So I am a sad shell of a man.
2018/08/01 19:30:47
bapu
Hope you get it sorted out Meshers.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account