2018/08/01 19:34:08
Starise
I wear RX glasses too. I guess it depends on your scrip. You can get readers for computer if you're farsighted. If your near sighted you don't need magnification. I got a pair of RX computer glasses. They were like 600.00. My insurance brought it down to around 100 bucks. Honestly I do just as well with 2.25 computer glasses.2.25 is pretty high magnification. I could have probably done ok with 1.50 or 1.75. The 2.25's are like wow! No squinting to see any more.
I just ordered another pair of progressives for all round stuff. No insurance at WalMart for about 250.00. My wife stepped on the other ones. It was an accident....I think.
2018/08/02 00:48:57
Leadfoot
Mesh, I work in the optical industry. You can get progressive multifocal(or single vision comp specific, if that's your choice) lenses made in your Rx that have the blue light filter which would help you. There are the yellowish/amber ones that block about 80% of the blue light, and they also make them clear, but they only block about 20-25% of the blue light.
2018/08/03 14:00:48
Mesh
Thanks guys for chiming in....I appreciate the tips.

I saw the eye Doc. and I'm getting the Computer glasses with the yellow/amber (glad you confirmed this Bob). I'm also getting new lenses for my regular wearing glasses.

Yeah Tim, they're a bit pricey, mine came to $480 for both with good insurance (without it, it would've been close to $2500).....could've used that for some good plugins.  

Of course, I have to wait another 2 weeks in this condition , but I'm really hoping they'll make a big difference.

Baps, I'd hate to have to make a decision on which one to choose, but I'm with you on the hearing.

2018/08/03 18:05:07
Leadfoot
Let us know how they work for you!
2018/08/04 02:37:20
57Gregy
Eye fatigue much more quickly than I used to.
I'm not as young as I was yesterday.
2018/08/04 18:17:38
drewfx1
Other things to try:

Reduce bright white colors on the screen - some apps (MS Office and various browsers, etc.) have "dark themes" that use dark colored menus and whatnot.

MS Word lets you preview what it would look like if you printed on colored paper so you can pick an off white color to soften the screen and (by default) it won't print.

Bright light in a dark room is bad, so bring up the ambient light and reduce monitor.

iPads and iPhones have a "reduce white point" buried under accessibility settings somewhere and it's really helpful when using those devices.
2018/08/04 21:15:54
Starise
Mesh
Thanks guys for chiming in....I appreciate the tips.

I saw the eye Doc. and I'm getting the Computer glasses with the yellow/amber (glad you confirmed this Bob). I'm also getting new lenses for my regular wearing glasses.

Yeah Tim, they're a bit pricey, mine came to $480 for both with good insurance (without it, it would've been close to $2500).....could've used that for some good plugins.  

Of course, I have to wait another 2 weeks in this condition , but I'm really hoping they'll make a big difference.

Baps, I'd hate to have to make a decision on which one to choose, but I'm with you on the hearing.

Glad you found a good solution to the problem Mesh. RX is probably the way to go, especially if the person has other eye conditions. That way they can make them just for you.
2018/08/06 12:10:09
Starise
2500.00? Dang those must have been diamond studded Elton glasses.
2018/08/06 12:23:53
jamesg1213
Starise

I was thinking the same..my last pair of reading glasses cost me £120.
2018/08/06 13:02:55
Mesh
jamesg1213
Starise

I was thinking the same..my last pair of reading glasses cost me £120.

He just mentioned that number if I didn't have insurance. I actually got a new frame (around $100)/lenses with anti everything for the PC screen and also new lenses (transitional/anti-scratch etc..) for my current pair. Nothing fancy at all, more on the practical side. I also had some other eye exam tests done which added up to that price.  

I don't believe most if not all of these retailer's prices.....just like buying a $100 plugin for $1.

Hopefully next week, I'll have my new glasses. It's almost immediate discomfort when I sit at my work PC, but not this bad on my home PC (about 50 -75% less).    
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account