• Software
  • Is There Any Reason Win 10 Pro is Needed for a DAW? (p.3)
2018/09/03 02:20:23
Grem
dmbaer

But there's no way I'm feeling they aren't fully capable of running the workloads I throw at them.  Maybe you do just too good a job. 

First DAW I got  back in '97 was from Jim. The second DAW I had I built from parts  that Jim recommended and freely gave out these recommendations on these forums. My third and present DAW was from a consultation  deal with Jim.

That's 20 years of service from three computers. Yeah, I'd say he does great work!!
2018/09/03 02:30:23
Studioguy1
What justifies upgrading to Win 10 is the fact that Noel and the programmers are using the advanced features built into Win 10 already.  Those of us who have been dragging our feet, may have to move in that direction.
2018/09/03 15:13:25
AT
I run windows 7 and most likely it will slowly be strangled by software that won't work on it.  I lost several old synths/effects in win upgrades but stuck w/ 7 since Win10 doesn't work w/ my CD label printer.  Years later I realize it would have been better to make it a dual boot.
2018/09/03 15:35:42
Kamikaze
Windows Home just did a big update on my Old Laptop, and when it re-started it notified me

Free Dimension Pro Expansion Packs 1-3 is no longer available.

This app was removed from your PC because it doesn't work on this version of Windows.

Jeez thanks for making that decision for me Microsoft

https://www.cakewalk.com/...ro-Expansion-Packs-1-3
2018/09/03 18:29:57
abacab
Funny, I no longer show Dimension Pro installed in my Windows 10 programs and features control panel (or start menu), but it's still on my hard drive along with my presets and expansion packs.

I have a shortcut to the standalone version .exe on my desktop.  The target lives at 'C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins\Dimension Pro'.
2018/09/03 18:34:53
Kamikaze
A link to kind out why took me to Microsofts Family Friendly Child Protection Page. Makes me wonder what Samples I never srumbled on!
2018/09/03 23:25:38
Grem
Kamikaze

A link to kind out why took me to Microsofts Family Friendly Child Protection Page. Makes me wonder what Samples I never srumbled on!

LOL!!

What you doing on that machine!?
2018/09/04 15:54:57
abacab
I think Windows 10 has a way of removing potentially incompatible legacy applications from the registry and menus when it updates.  However I don't believe it always removes the program folders or executables themselves, just the references.  There have been a couple times I had to re-create shortcuts that disappeared after an update.
2018/09/05 15:57:22
batsbrew
i went with win 10 pro on my most recent build.

it has been rock solid,
turned off all update features, just a peaceful easy feeling.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account