• SONAR
  • Melodyne 4 assistant (p.2)
2018/11/24 05:18:50
stratman70
I have and use Melodyne 4 Editor version........No crashes or issues so far..........

I should add for clarity...I only use Splat....
2018/11/24 06:30:09
trusso11783
I use Melodyne 4.0.2 and it works flawlessly with CW
2018/11/24 12:51:04
Pragi
Cactus Music
I actually never have used Melodyne for anything other than creating a midi bass track from an audio track.
I think I opened it a few times and Sonar crashed so I have just never bothered. But this is a super deal if you look at the compairison chart

Hello ,
most this is the issues appear  if the buffersize is not set to 1024  or bigger.
But sure ya know.

Have melodyne assistant running in Splat and CbB flawless.

cheers
2018/11/24 14:32:18
bitman
Glad I saw this post. It made me look at the feature list between assistant and editor which I was all but going to pull the trigger on. Assistant is everything editor is except for DNA which I can say I don't need, er, yet.

So I saved 100.00 by upgrading to Assistant. It does everything V-Vocal can do except two things, draw new vibrato and crash a lot. So I'll keep V-Vocal on the shelf, but am finally off that great but abandoned program.
2018/11/24 14:46:04
azslow3
Pragi
most this is the issues appear  if the buffersize is not set to 1024  or bigger.

I never had the buffer size more then 256 and apart from "early bugs" and some other specific buggy operations I can not remember problems. Note that I have very slow computer and the only influence of the buffer size on possible troubles is under-runs and how particular DAW/audio driver able to deal with it.

Melodyne will get "heavy stress test" soon, once REAPER officially release ARA2 support.
Unlike in Sonar/CbB, the content is not locked there. ARA2 plug-in can be inserted as normal track FX. And adding new, editing, moving, etc. clips is still allowed. On the fly, even during playing/recording.
That already works almost fine, but it is still possible to produce a crash. Once related problems are solved, I guess Melodyne by itself will be rock solid.
2018/11/24 19:21:10
Pragi
azslow3
Pragi

I never had the buffer size more then 256 and apart from "early bugs" and some other specific buggy operations I can not remember problems. Note that I have very slow computer and the only influence of the buffer size on possible troubles is under-runs and how particular DAW/audio driver able to deal with it.

Melodyne will get "heavy stress test" soon, once REAPER officially release ARA2 support.
Unlike in Sonar/CbB, the content is not locked there. ARA2 plug-in can be inserted as normal track FX. And adding new, editing, moving, etc. clips is still allowed. On the fly, even during playing/recording.
That already works almost fine, but it is still possible to produce a crash. Once related problems are solved, I guess Melodyne by itself will be rock solid.

Thanks for the info,
I have nearly always problems running bigger projects (40 and more tracks)and 
opening Melodyne . Using a bigger buffersize is the solution in my case,
if I remember right this is recommended by Celemony. 

regards
2018/11/24 21:26:02
Pragi
Yep, the Melodyne documentation recommends setting audio buffer size at 1024.
http://helpcenter.celemon...ur_tt_performance.html
2018/11/24 23:37:39
azslow3
Yes, I know. But I do not know exactly why this recommendation is there. I guess as a "safety", Melodyne is a heavy plug-in which access hundreds if not thousands of files it creates. So as a general recommendation for mixing/mastering.
F.e. my desktop can not deal even with 10 not frozen (with Synthes) tracks. Even without Melodyne and with any buffer settings

2018/11/25 01:04:50
bitman
I always run at 1024 buffers so this for me is hittin the ground runnin.
I monitor before the daw fyi

2018/11/26 09:22:16
Steev
I had upgraded a while back, almost makes me wish I waited this is truly an awesome deal very well worth the money. Even at normal upgrade pricing. I had since gotten a great deal upgrading to Editor, so I'm really good with that. :o)

Melodyne Editor edition runs very smoothly with my buffers set to 128. I'm thinking they are giving themselves plenty of leeway recommending running buffers at 1024 for such wide range of computers with different power levels, audio interfaces, and configurations.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account