2008/03/09 17:01:46
alvin18
Thanks techead...i will email
2008/03/09 22:31:41
altima_boy_2001
Well, I drew up a table of "cent" offsets to frequency since the cent isn't a familiar value to me. Maybe it will be useful to someone else as well.

Cents-Offset-to-Frequency.pdf (2 pages)

Note: Anything higher than 20 kHz I just left blank since it's ultrasonic.

BTW, 12000 is a huge offset since the top frequency is 1024x the base frequency. 6000 is pushing it for base frequencies above 600 Hz since it's top frequency is 32x higher.
2008/03/10 00:42:57
AT
alvin,

I've been runnning both DimPro and Rapture under vista with no problems. Dimpro probably has a higher cpu usage than XP, but since I'm running a dual core with vista now it doesn't seem to run badly.
2008/03/10 01:37:49
alvin18
Thanks AT for reply, probably i will buy Dim Pro but i'll wait for Cakewalk's answer also.
2008/03/10 19:22:16
b rock
I drew up a table of "cent" offsets to frequency since the cent isn't a familiar value to me. Maybe it will be useful to someone else as well.
I think that it's great. I've never seen the relationship referenced quite like this. Thanks.
Altima, would you mind if we uploaded this .pdf to the P5 Wiki/Rapture section, or linked to it remotely?
Is that in the manual anywhere
I may have missed it, but I don't think that there's any reference to the serial/parallel routings in the DSP section. There's a 'hint' at the bottom of p. 52 ("+" in the fourth routing), but I don't recall any explanations; in-depth or otherwise.

Look to the chart on p. 23 of the Cakewalk Synthesizers: Presets to Power User - Update#2 September 2007 document. The original book has an inaccurate diagram (p. 310) that implies all serial routings in Rapture 1.0. The update .pdf goes into a little more detail, and the newer diagram clearly illustrates the whole DSP routing story.
2008/03/10 20:50:07
altima_boy_2001
ORIGINAL: b rock
I drew up a table of "cent" offsets to frequency since the cent isn't a familiar value to me. Maybe it will be useful to someone else as well.
I think that it's great. I've never seen the relationship referenced quite like this. Thanks.
Altima, would you mind if we uploaded this .pdf to the P5 Wiki/Rapture section, or linked to it remotely?

Sure, do what you want with it...copy, email, post, download, pirate, counterfeit, whatever you want...

BTW, I got the frequency ratio numbers in the spreadsheet from this calculator site: http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-centsratio.htm

Is that in the manual anywhere
I may have missed it, but I don't think that there's any reference to the serial/parallel routings in the DSP section. There's a 'hint' at the bottom of p. 52 ("+" in the fourth routing), but I don't recall any explanations; in-depth or otherwise.

Look to the chart on p. 23 of the Cakewalk Synthesizers: Presets to Power User - Update#2 September 2007 document. The original book has an inaccurate diagram (p. 310) that implies all serial routings in Rapture 1.0. The update .pdf goes into a little more detail, and the newer diagram clearly illustrates the whole DSP routing story.
So you hid the info in the routing diagrams......I won't be so easily fooled next time...

------
BTW, I uploaded a bunch electronic diddies (Rapture/Z3ta brainstorming really) on my soundclick page:
http://www.soundclick.com/altimaboy2001 and http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1329613
2016/10/14 10:54:39
CadeTremblay
If you can help me ...I have the software "RAPTURE" a long time but I do not use it because the CUT LFO has never worked.

The CUT LFO has never worked.
In the past, I thought it was my computer that was too little power to operate RAPTURE.

However, I just installed Sonar Platinum on my muscular new environment (4GHz i7, 16GB RAM; Windows 10). All the RAPTURE fonctions runs, and existing RAPTURE programs loaded run correctly. But the CUT LFO still does not work properly. I downloaded the demo RAPTURE PRO DEMO and have the same problem :

Example, i noticed that copying a ELEMENT1 with CUTOFF1 function does not run in other ELEMENT # 2 to 6 (element not previously chained). For example, the PROGRAM "Italo (press c2 + c4 + mw)" : I saved ELEMENT1 and I put it back in a new PROGRAM or, I copy it in element #2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, and CUTOFF1 is copied but does not operate!

What would the problem or the cause?  Thank you for your attention!
2016/10/14 11:01:09
CadeTremblay
Additional note: The CUT OFF works correctly for all programs RAPTURE (or RAPTURE PRO) initially loaded on my environment, the problem comes when I want to copy or create a new CUT OFF.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account