• Features & Ideas
  • [Implemented] - Command Center to install to my specified path (p.2)
2015/03/22 08:17:55
Tom Riggs
I think all that is needed is for command center to have the option of running the installer in its normal mode as opposed to the silent mode that currently.

That would allow the user to manually specify where things should go during the install.

Add to the that the option to allow CC to download but not install would give the user a chance to manage the install process how they want.

2015/03/22 10:19:20
williamcopper
In addition to fixing the install location, it would be really really nice if CW forgot "c:\user\whatever\appdata\whatever\roaming\cakewalk\canyoumakethepathlonger\sonar\ordinary_stuff" ever existed.   I don't want ANYTHING on C drive. 
2015/05/13 01:04:25
pharohoknaughty
wow.
2015/05/13 18:27:31
williamcopper
Another + ... just today I had some indexing changes, thinking my C drive was still relatively clean.  What software company had peed all over it?   Cakewalk.

2015/05/13 19:15:09
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
My S installations have always been: C:\Sonar5, 6,7,8,X1,X2,X3.

NOTHING a user can save should ever be placed in a hidden and/or buried folder. Especially presets. Everything a user can save should be on a standard path for ALL backup software. And should be in an easy drag and drop folder.

And I do not want ANY samples in the VST folder, in the programs folder, and NEVER in the buried and hidden APPDATA folder.

We have been told by the EXPERTS to put samples on a second disk. And NOT on the OS disk. So why is it the best music software on the planet's company's managers decided to do exactly what NOT to do?

It is just as bad and the current website design insanity of LIGHT GREY ON WHITE!!!!
2015/05/13 19:22:10
Doktor Avalanche
Cakewalk has already said it will enhance the CCC for file paths so I guess we get this when it is ready.

I have a humble request though for YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson...

WILL YOU PLEASE STOP TYPING IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND REDUCE THE NUMBER OF EXCLAMATION MARKS MY HEAD IS HURTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!
!!!!!

Thankyou! 
2015/05/16 08:47:32
cruster
Doktor Avalanche
Cakewalk has already said it will enhance the CCC for file paths so I guess we get this when it is ready.

Have they posted this somewhere? I just built a new system and, like many, I do not want Sonar or any of the components installed on my SSD. If it's "Coming Soon", I'll just stick with Ableton for now. If not, I might try using symlinks to relocate everything.

Never mind. I had linked in to this thread from the SONAR forum and didn't see the sticky at the top of F&R. I'll hold out for C3 v1.1.

2015/05/24 21:13:02
williamcopper
Lots of emotion on this one ... seems so simple to implement, let's hope they get it right .
2015/05/25 04:22:36
mudgel
As stated in the sticky thread it will be a gradual development
2015/05/25 23:51:17
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Doktor Avalanche

I have a humble request though for YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson...

WILL YOU PLEASE STOP TYPING IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND REDUCE THE NUMBER OF EXCLAMATION MARKS MY HEAD IS HURTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!
!!!!!

Thankyou! 

Ha ha ha ha.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account