• Features & Ideas
  • [Implemented] - Command Center to install to my specified path (p.3)
2015/05/25 23:55:36
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Doktor Avalanche
Cakewalk has already said it will enhance the CCC for file paths so I guess we get this when it is ready.

This should not have been an issue. And "correcting" now does what for any of us?

Will all the paths for presets, samples, programs,... be returned to what they were before the C3 install?

Will all my DP programs again know where to find the proper samples?

This was a truly an example of no one in the room saying NO! It is NOT a good idea to wait to fix this later.
2015/06/18 20:36:25
bluesplayer
Another BIG, and I will say PLEASE, +1 for FULL installation/location control

But to be honest this is NOT just a new issue with the new C3.  While C3 just blindly puts it all on C, even before C3, starting back in Sonar 4 or 5 (don't remember which one) it started putting stuff in the C:\Program Files... C:\Users\...  etc., no matter where you told it to install and the argument then (AND SINCE) was it was a Windows Vista "requirement."

I've been moving and hacking the registry ever since to get most of CW stuff (Sonar, Common, DP, RP, etc.) OFF my C drive.  It's a very large drive - its not a SPACE issue with me: its a USER CONTROL issue and if I had a SDD C boot drive I'd be very peeved - even one of the now 1TB SDD drives would overflow if all software mfg's. did what CW does.

(EDIT - PS everyone knows you can bypass C3 for 100% of the installs, right?   I have not used the C3 to install ANYTHING - I get more control (albeit not enough) to simply download everything manually and install everything manually)  

AND I REALLY like CW, been with them SINCE Cakewalk V2 in DOS!  and I upgrade EVERY YEAR (expect one) .

2016/06/13 14:56:00
jackroller
Bumping this post because it's still a problem.
2016/06/13 15:07:17
scook
This should have been locked a while ago. The Command Center supports both verbose mode and path designations for plug-in, download and content locations. Verbose mode runs the installers as if they were run from the command line. Any hidden prompts such as paths are exposed using the verbose mode option. Currently with the proper configuration there is no difference between running the installers from the command line and using the Command Center.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account