2015/12/10 16:46:42
mgustavo
Hi

I’d like to say that I also like Rapture Session and I thank Cakewalk for this free synth.
As I don't have Dimension neither Rapture, I think Rapture Session has a lot of cool sounds.

Another thing I like is the Instrument controllers and the Vector Mixer, where I can mix the output of the preset Elements, which is very cool (actually I was watching some Rapture Pro videos on Cakewalk's YouTube channel and saw how it works).

The only problem is that free Cakewalk Sound Center presets from Digital Sound Factory don't play on Rapture Session. I can see the presets but when I load them they are muted, there's no sound (however I can still play them on Cakewalk Sound Center, where they work fine). 

Best regards
2015/12/10 20:21:48
BassDaddy
Being a kind of a 64 bit replacement for the 32 bit only Cakewalk Sound Center is a very good thing for me. I had a inflexible rule against anything 32 bit. That meant there was a 0% chance of buying any of the expansion packs.
2015/12/12 01:01:32
kennywtelejazz
BassDaddy
I like it too Kenny. I got six strings to keep in tune. Simple works for me. It sure sounds good too. I use a Fishman TriplePlay, by the way.

BassDaddy,

I've always heard that The Fishman TriplePlay was the cream of the crop for the midi guitarist that favors hardware
One of these days I hope to demo the interface to get a feel .
I love my Ibanez Midi guitar . As time marched on, for Midi it is a little long in the tooth . Yet , I have done OK with it when it was all I had .
As a Guitar it is still one of my Faves . We have been together almost 30 years .

Kenny
2016/01/24 22:30:31
northlake63
How does one go about inserting rapture session into a project ?
2016/01/25 08:14:29
northlake63
Okay I figured it out myself. It's in the vst3 folder.

2016/10/21 07:37:09
soens
1st impression is Not Me! But I may change that after I've used it a bit.

I like the browser interface - a definite improvement over the old flyout list. But I see inserting and opening it "bumps" any DimLE/PRO instruments that are also open. This I do not like when you can have as many instances of DimLE/PRO open at the same time as you want.

Also, I tried to use the "Replace synth" to switch an instance of DimLE with Rapture Session only to have it CRASH my computer.

EDIT: Not sure why that happened but I uninstalled and reinstalled Session and tried the Replace synth again and it worked.
2016/10/21 17:00:32
telecharge
I really like Rapture Session. Being able to bring my D-Pro, Rapture, and Sound Center instruments together under one roof is a win for me.
2016/10/22 07:31:06
soens
Here's the biggy for me: Since it lacks Elements there is no way to load your own samples or .sfz files rendering it almost useless for my needs except when I need stock samples.

R/E is like a limited DEMO or LITE version of the new R/PRO which looks nice but costs $149/$79upg. $79 isn't a bad price but I already have Dim LE*, Dim PRO, Rapture 1.22 & DropZone. However, since it's the latest offering and bound to be here awhile I might take the leap. There's also a free trial for PRO here.

*Has apparent time disabling feature rendering it eventually dead.
2016/10/22 09:58:38
Anderton
soens
Here's the biggy for me: Since it lacks Elements there is no way to load your own samples or .sfz files rendering it almost useless for my needs except when I need stock samples.

Rapture Session is a playback engine only, it's definitely not for programmers. The advantage is that if people want to use the stellar Gibson Bass Expansion pack  (or my upcoming Syntronic pack), they won't need to buy the full version of Rapture Pro.

I've had an interesting relationship with Rapture Pro. I absolutely loved Rapture; while everyone else was going Z3TA+, I was enraptured by Rapture. I was totally excited when Rapture Pro came out, but totally disappointed when I started using it - it had so many bugs and loose ends I found it unusable (as did most people, I wasn't alone).

Eventually CW started fixing it, and I realized the incredible power in the Instruments page and the Vector Mixer was something i wouldn't get out of Rapture. So now I use Rapture Pro.

It's still a pig to program. This doesn't affect people who just want to play back sounds and do tweaks, but when you're creating an expansion pack with 100+ presets from the ground up, there are a lot of ways the process could be streamlined - for example, being able to copy and paste the mod matrix settings, or at least tear it off like you could in Rapture.

But overall, while it remains quirky in some ways (thankfully, not in terms of stability - it's been stable now for quite some time), Rapture Pro is unique and can make sounds no other soft synth can. The transposition engine is also exceptional, and there are some more fixes coming up this month that improve it just that much more. Some people think Rapture Pro was a mistake and Cakewalk should just can it, but I disagree 1000%. I would have agreed with that sentiment early on, but with the slowly-but-surely improvements, these days it's an essential part of all the music that I make. I can't think of anything I've done in the past year that hasn't had at least a couple instances.

2016/10/22 12:23:52
BobF
I like session, but don't need it as I have Pro.  I did the a quick test I mentioned above.  My conclusion is that session isn't enough lighter weight to bother with it.

I ran Pro standalone and loaded a piano.  It used between 3.5 & 4% CPU and 647M of memory.  I then ran Session standalone with the same instrument loaded.  Same CPU and 10M less memory.  Meh.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account