• Software
  • Piano Loops - And other 3rd Party EZ Keys MIDI
2016/08/17 06:20:49
Glyn Barnes
Any good?
http://piano-loops.com/

I have grabbed some of the demos and will be trying the out later but opinions on the full packs would be welcome. I find their website a bit flaky which never instills confidence.

Are there any othe third party EZ Keys content providers?
2016/08/17 08:35:04
Mesh
I'm not sure if 3rd party EZ Keys are an option and only have what Toontrack offers (which on the most part, are all quite good).

Glyn, your best option might be to get a generic 6 pack (6 generic EZ Keys Midi licenses) which you can use at anytime. I can recommend getting the Gospel, Funk, Classic Soul, Boogie, Pop Rock, Blues, and R&B (listen to the demo's and see what strikes you). They are all quite versatile and not necessarily genre specific.

Time & Space has the 6 pack for 55.95 (British pounds), but there may be better deals elsewhere.

http://www.timespace.com/product/EZKEYSM6-1/toontrack_ezkeys_midi_6_pack_%28boxed%29.html
2016/08/17 09:20:34
Glyn Barnes
I do have a bunch of the Toontrack stuff, I bought one of those six packs already, I am just getting a feel for what else is out there.

I have just had a play around with the demos from Piano Loop and they are pretty good and different from the Toontrack ones of a similar genre, certainly worth downloading as you get a reasonable amount of patterns for a free demo, and there is a demo fro each pack. Nothing on my "to buy" list for the time being.

The loops are in MIDI format, not Toontracks propriatory format so you get the import options dialog when you drag them in from the browser. (the same as if you drag in a track from your DAW).

It also looks like it is going to be pretty easy to use and organise my own loops using the folder templates from the Piano Loops stuff.
2016/08/17 09:49:52
cclarry
Mesh
I'm not sure if 3rd party EZ Keys are an option and only have what Toontrack offers (which on the most part, are all quite good).

Glyn, your best option might be to get a generic 6 pack (6 generic EZ Keys Midi licenses) which you can use at anytime. I can recommend getting the Gospel, Funk, Classic Soul, Boogie, Pop Rock, Blues, and R&B (listen to the demo's and see what strikes you). They are all quite versatile and not necessarily genre specific.

Time & Space has the 6 pack for 55.95 (British pounds), but there may be better deals elsewhere.

http://www.timespace.com/product/EZKEYSM6-1/toontrack_ezkeys_midi_6_pack_%28boxed%29.html

You can get another 10 percent off using code TSVOCAL10
2016/08/17 10:41:02
BassDaddy
I have one of these Glyn. They are mapped for EZ Keys so there is no compatibility problem. They have a bit more content than the Toontrack midi IIRC. They aren't better or worse, just different. Will I buy anymore? Prob, but I'm not hot to do it. I like having something a bit diff just because it's diff. If you like everything the same you might not love them.  Can't think of anything bad to say about them but not a lot of passion either way.
2016/08/17 19:42:10
Fleer
My thoughts exactly, daddy-o. Not jumping but still interested. Haven't gotten all those EZ packs yet, so they are first in line.
2016/08/17 20:58:07
auto_da_fe
Do third party loops work well with the "use browser midi" button ?

I do a lot of basic chord progression and then re-do them with "use browser midi" function.  I am wondering what happens to a third party loop if you "use browser midi"

JR
2016/08/17 22:49:37
auto_da_fe
I went and downloaded the freebies from piano loops .com and they work pretty much the same as EZkeys midis.
Quite nice.

JR

2016/08/17 23:08:29
Magic Russ
I had bought a few of them during a sale.  Pop 1 & 2 and Rnb Ballads.

The Rnb Ballads does not seem very RnB to me, but I might find some useful.

The other sounded okay.  Comparable to the EZ packs.  A couple of the tracks sounded like One Republic or The Fray, so I guess if you are really into that sort of thing, you may be in luck.  Another one sounded kind of Sara Bareilles like.
2016/08/18 00:34:35
Magic Russ
Mesh

Any thoughts on AOR?  The description sounds like Steely Dan and Doobie Bros, but the demos sound more Christopher Cross.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account