• Software
  • Piano Loops - And other 3rd Party EZ Keys MIDI (p.2)
2016/08/18 06:11:42
Soundwise
Any piano performance in MIDI format will do. You just need to drag and drop the midi file onto EZKeys song frame. You can even use drum midis or anything else and get interesting results. Setting a harmony in EZK is no rocket science.
2016/08/18 06:16:49
Glyn Barnes
auto_da_fe
Do third party loops work well with the "use browser midi" button ?

I do a lot of basic chord progression and then re-do them with "use browser midi" function.  I am wondering what happens to a third party loop if you "use browser midi"

JR

Yes they do, as you have found out

It works with any MIDI if you emulte the folder structure used by Piano Loops. So you can use your own patterns and apply them to your chord sequence. I have started putting together some organ patterns from various song fragments I have created in the hope of developing them further. I am also going to dig out the old "Twiddly Bits" MIDI files I bought a hundred years ago!

I am suprised someone like Groove Monkee have not got in on the act yet.

I like Soundwise's idea of using drum loops, I will be giving that a try!

2016/08/18 06:27:12
Glyn Barnes
Magic Russ
Any thoughts on AOR?  The description sounds like Steely Dan and Doobie Bros, but the demos sound more Christopher Cross.

I have only had a quick run through this one. I have a feeling it will be one of the more useful. I think you just need to get creative with some of these loops and use them out of context, radically different chord sequence and tempo for example.

I am loving the 70's Progressive pack, but that is quite genre specfic (but its a very wide reaching genre). I use a Yes style "Roundaboutish" pattern ove a Tarkus style chord sequence for example and it sounded totally unlike either, and rather wonderful.
2016/08/18 08:35:26
Mesh
Magic Russ
Any thoughts on AOR?  The description sounds like Steely Dan and Doobie Bros, but the demos sound more Christopher Cross.

I don't have AOR (yet), but I'm planning on getting it with a generic 6 pack......there are others that I'd like to have as well. Glyn has the gist of it when using these loops.....you just have get creative and it's EZ to mix/mash them up in getting something very good.
I'm also planning on watching more of those Groove 3 vids on EZ Keys so I can learn to make better use of all these excellent Midi Packs. 

Thanks for the Piano Loops link.....I installed the demo version and there's a lot of useful stuff in there.  
2016/08/18 11:17:28
BassDaddy
Glyn Barnes
Magic Russ

I have only had a quick run through this one. I have a feeling it will be one of the more useful. I think you just need to get creative with some of these loops and use them out of context, radically different chord sequence and tempo for example.

I am loving the 70's Progressive pack, but that is quite genre specfic (but its a very wide reaching genre). I use a Yes style "Roundaboutish" pattern ove a Tarkus style chord sequence for example and it sounded totally unlike either, and rather wonderful.

Glyn said a few important things. Don't think you could only use a midi pack for the genre it's named after. MOST the midi packs are not that genre specific. You would do yourself a disservice and hamstring your creativity by only using the R & B pack on R & B. The Latin and Boogie packs are good examples of more genre specific packs. And what Glyn said about the 70's Prog pack is where the real fun and creativity can happen. The Gospel pack still surprises me that it sounds good on so many different styles. As a guitar player and a "one hand wonder" on the keys this software gives me a non guitar look at things and for a songwriter that is so valuable. If you're doing the right things and you get stuck, do something wrong. Now I don't mean wearing your wife's pearls in the shower, like Fleer does, I mean put a Gospel piano on your Indie song.   

The Gospel pack still 
2016/08/18 11:23:04
BassDaddy
Soundwise
Any piano performance in MIDI format will do. You just need to drag and drop the midi file onto EZKeys song frame. You can even use drum midis or anything else and get interesting results. Setting a harmony in EZK is no rocket science.

And using Melodyne to convert your guitar track to midi.
2016/08/18 11:40:21
bapu
The last 10 posts or so belong in the Techniques forum.
2016/08/18 15:12:58
Fleer
bapu

Wearing your wife's pearls in the shower sure does.
2016/08/18 15:23:24
Mesh
Fleer
bapu

Wearing your wife's pearls in the shower sure does.

Especially, the Juan's that don't have a wife.....
2018/08/29 03:01:32
Magic Russ
I forgot that I had the piano loops (got lost during a re-install) and was wondering if they had put out any new libraries.  Unfortunately they seem to have disappeared.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account