• Computers
  • Repeated, delayed notifications from network drive
2017/05/09 13:39:22
Glyn Barnes
I have a WD MyCloud network drive. Previously I had been using it over the network from my DAW with out the WD access software installed. I wanted to do some configuration so I installed WD access a couple of weeks ago. Now every time I log on to Windows I get historical notifications from the drive.

I tried rebooting the drive, all that did was add a reboot notification to the list. I updated the firmware, and yes, I now get the down loading, installing and sucessfully installed messages too.

Its only a minor annoyance but I would like it to stop, any ideas other than unistalling WD Access?

I am running Windows 10, its on auto updates but the "Creators edition is not yet installed"
2017/05/09 15:52:08
BobF
My WD MyCloud doesn't do that.

I map it as a network location rather than a drive.  I do NOT have the WD software installed.  The MyCloud has a web server built in so it can be accessed/managed/configured via a browser.

I'm also on Win10 (Pro), no Creator update yet.
2017/05/09 20:07:10
Glyn Barnes
BobF
My WD MyCloud doesn't do that.

I map it as a network location rather than a drive.  I do NOT have the WD software installed.  The MyCloud has a web server built in so it can be accessed/managed/configured via a browser.

I'm also on Win10 (Pro), no Creator update yet.

Thanks, mine is only doing it since I installed the WD software. For backups I have it mapped as a drive and use Acronis and sync toy, so I only need to WD software for configuration etc.

I should have posted this in computers, if a mod see this, please move it.
2017/05/09 20:38:17
BobF
Reflect is able to use mine as a destination without mapping as a drive.  Acronis might be able to as well.

Anyway, you should be able to do all config with a browser without having the WD tools installed on your machine
2017/05/19 11:09:51
Glyn Barnes
Now this has been moved to the correct forum (Thanks Beagle) here is a quick bump to see if any one has any further suggestions. So faar it looks like I either have to uninstall the software or put up with it.
2017/05/22 08:20:43
CedricM
[Can't find a delete post button. Please delete]
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account