2018/08/19 09:56:19
Kamikaze
After ordering pick-ups from Guitar Centre, I've received 30 adverts in just over a month. What's wrong with companies, can't they see how off putting this is to be in a mailing list.

Ironically, their reply to say can I contact them abut the order went to my spam folder, and the order was cancelled. So I replied asking what the issue was so I can avoid a repeat of the problem when I re-order has been ignored. So I not going to be bothering ordering any special offers if I can't complete my orders.

I'll try Sweetwater next time I have a local friend in the US on travels I think.
2018/08/19 20:39:33
bapu
Personally I don't mind adverts. What I detest is when a company sends me an advert for something I've already bought from them. That is a waste of my time, but they don't care.
2018/08/20 01:51:17
Kamikaze
I don't mind adverts either. JRR sends weekly ones. But daily and sometimes twice a day, that's taking the p....

They are sending me a tone of ad emails, and ignoring my reply regards an order I made so there is no point looking at the ads for things I can't buy.
2018/08/20 17:22:09
Starise
I like GC. I get ads all the time too. GC is always one hair away from closing so they keep trying to move the cash in. Unfortunately for some of us it has a reverse effect. I hope they never go away since there aren't many brick and mortar guitar stores like them around. The music gear sales biz runs a tight margin. I predict the day will come they are no longer a brick and mortar. 

You can opt not to get the emails. There should be a link to stop them. It's usually at the borttom of the email in small print.
2018/08/20 18:30:27
Mesh
That's what I've been doing slowly, but Shirley....unsubscribing.

Larry has everything covered when it comes to deals.
2018/08/21 03:31:28
bitman
G.C. is a desperate animal.
2018/08/21 04:30:05
Kamikaze
They should reply to my email reply then. I was after giving them my business, I had placed an order and they have an issue they asked about, but didn't clarify what it was.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account