2016/06/04 17:21:41
sampc
Hi there!

I have mentioned this before, but it's worth another shot.  I shur would love to be able to insert some track spacers, mainly in the console view but also optionally in the track view.  I am horribly dyslexic and have difficulty making sense of a screen when it gets crowded.  The colors help a lot but a gap between drums, voices, guitars etc. would really help a lot.

Many thanks,
Mark
2016/06/04 19:38:03
Sir William
It's such a small thing but makes a huge difference. I use these in Reaper, and they really clear things up.
2016/06/04 21:04:43
jimfogle
Excellent idea.  Since screen space is a premium for some people, perhaps track spacers could be an optional enable / disable feature.  If track spacers could be made stackable then multiple spacers could be stacked to create variable thickness spacers.
2016/06/04 21:58:33
BobF
Sir William
It's such a small thing but makes a huge difference. I use these in Reaper, and they really clear things up.

I use them in Reaper a lot.  The down side is that they are implemented as layouts, so underneath they are tracks.  As such, they take up fader slots.  IMO, they should be invisible to everything except the display.  So PLEASE Bakers, when you implement this excellent FR, don't make them tracks 
2016/06/06 08:04:04
sampc
I love the stack-like-shims idea!

Mark
2016/06/06 11:08:01
LJB
You know, I seem to recall Sonar had it way back... I could really do with those - esp on my 100+ track mixes!
2016/06/06 18:02:36
VariousArtist
I had a Feature Request a while ago that suggested multiple ways a track could be implemented, i.e.

Existing track types:
- audio
- MIDI

Suggested new track types:
- marker/arranger (song sections)
- To Do list
- lyrics
- chords
- BPM ruler
- SMPTE ruler
- blank (for spacing large projects)
Etc

Basically you would be able to add in multiple track types of the new kind.  So I could have multiple marker/arranger tracks (one could be used to describe low level song sections, such as verse, chorus, etc., and another could be high-level sections, such as part 1, part 2, etc.).  I could also add in multiple BPM/SMPTE ruler tracks so that these line up against any audio/midi track for ease of reading etc. (this would be especially useful if a I had a movie sound track that required noises at a particular time, whereas another audio track was lined up against an BPM ruler for musical purposes).  Etc

Ref:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3224819
2016/06/10 08:57:34
MPH
BobF
Sir William

I use them in Reaper a lot.  The down side is that they are implemented as layouts, so underneath they are tracks.  As such, they take up fader slots.  IMO, they should be invisible to everything except the display.  So PLEASE Bakers, when you implement this excellent FR, don't make them tracks 

This, exactly!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account