• SONAR
  • Can't Seem To Find Cakewalk Sound Center in Bandlab Version
2018/05/12 11:31:17
digimidi
Went to use it in new Bandlab version - wasn't there. It was in my Platinum version, although 32 bit in parenthesis...Is this the problem?
2018/05/12 14:46:07
CTStump
If you have Rapture Session the soundsets, Presets and macro knobs from Cakewalk Sound Center will load from the browser in Rapture which is 64 bit.
2018/05/12 14:47:01
Wookiee
Check you Paths in the Plugin Manger for S-Plat, CbB does not try to scan your 32 VST paths.  Cakewalk Sound Cntre is a 32 bit program.
2018/05/12 18:32:45
digimidi
Thanks! I will certainly check out these suggestions.
2018/05/12 18:58:08
PopStarWannabe
Why keeps everyone asking for that crappy obsolete useless synth-wannabe?
2018/05/12 19:47:39
dubdisciple
PopStarWannabe
Why keeps everyone asking for that crappy obsolete useless synth-wannabe?

Because they obviously want it regardless of your analysis. Sometimes that “crappy obsolete useless...” thing has exactly the sound that is needed. I recall when the Roland 303 was a crappy, useless bass machine that sounded nothing like bass, started selling for ridiculous prices used because an entire genre was suddenly invented that utilized it.

I recently stuck a sound from the old si strings that I had never actually used in the 10+ years as a placeholder and ended up liking it . If someone has use for something old, obsolete, etc, they owe nobody an explanation as to why.
2018/11/24 00:36:02
Chadtindale
Wookie. you did it. Solved it. Thank you. 

As to PopstarWannabe's concerns:

It's simple. Not all of us throw away everything we've ever used when something new comes out. I invested a lot in a simple inexpensive synth when there weren't many better alternatives. And to be honest, because I bought the whole set for about $100, I'm not really ready to give up a large library of synths. Especially if I don't have to. I have several sounds I like, and more than that, I like options. Especially options that interface directly with my DAW and I can tweak before and after recording. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account