• Software
  • Windows 10 Leak Exposes Microsoft's New Monthly Charge (p.3)
2018/08/15 23:35:54
Grem
Wonder what can be done with a Pi?
2018/08/16 13:00:09
Jim Roseberry
Grem

Tracking  
Jim Roseberry
Grem

Tracking  

Velcro a Pi to an RME Fireface for a mini multitrack field recorder!
2018/08/16 16:17:53
Jim Roseberry
If you have the Fireface UFX, you can plug-in a flash-drive and record directly to it.
2018/08/16 16:54:04
abacab
30 tracks of audio on a Pi with Tracktion Waveform.

NAMM 2017: Tracktion Raspberry Pi Interface
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MTUpji8Uw
Jim Roseberry
If you have the Fireface UFX, you can plug-in a flash-drive and record directly to it.

That's way cool! If only those guys were less expensive I'd have one, but instead I'm looking at the Behringer UMC1820, for a cheep way to get 8 mic inputs in a USB class compliant device so it will work in Linux.
2018/08/16 18:50:29
Jim Roseberry
What about the Behringer XR-18?
Packs a lot of bang for the buck.
Jim Roseberry

I didn't realize those could be used as a DAW interface. Cool units for sure, and they had a used one recently at the GC near me. I assumed it was only for live so you could walk around a venue with an iPad to do the mixing, and not be tethered to a physical board. Still, the $250 price tag of the UMC1820 makes me think I'll probably show up at GC one day with a couple of things I don't need any longer, and get one for more like $100 after trade-in.

That said, my pair of ancient M-Audio Delta 2496 cards ain't really broke, and both Windows and Linux are totally happy with them.  The primary reason I am toying with the idea of getting a multi-mic interface is that I started recording acoustic drums recently using both of the M-Audio cards at once. They are sync'd over S/PDIF, but I have found that the start times for recording are not sample accurate, and even though they are using the same clock, with no drift there, the moment they start recording is not identical, and I end up having to slide two of the four tracks of drums around due to phasing that kills the punch. Now that I have identified why my four channel recordings have varying amounts of offset, I spot check and correct every time right after recording, but it's a step I would like to eventually eliminate.

2018/08/17 14:33:31
BobF
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
Jim Roseberry

That's way cool! If only those guys were less expensive I'd have one, but instead I'm looking at the Behringer UMC1820, for a cheep way to get 8 mic inputs in a USB class compliant device so it will work in Linux.

I'll make you a great deal on a TASCAM 16x08
2018/08/17 15:05:23
Jim Roseberry
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
Jim Roseberry

I didn't realize those could be used as a DAW interface. Cool units for sure, and they had a used one recently at the GC near me. I assumed it was only for live so you could walk around a venue with an iPad to do the mixing, and not be tethered to a physical board. Still, the $250 price tag of the UMC1820 makes me think I'll probably show up at GC one day with a couple of things I don't need any longer, and get one for more like $100 after trade-in.

Has most of the features of the X32.
I think I got mine closer to the $400 mark (bought the display model).

I got it to use for band rehearsals.  Works perfectly for that.
Figured if we wanted to record (simultaneously), it would make that process quick/easy.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account