• Software
  • Slate FG-A beats Waves API (p.3)
2018/08/22 00:16:40
Fleer
Same here. Recently had to switch computers. Makes you want everything to be on iLok. Can’t wait for Slate on iLok Cloud, though.
2018/08/22 01:37:57
TheSteven
Fleer
Makes you want everything to be on iLok.

That thought crossed my mind a couple of times.

A little while back my computer's motherboard went bad, the replacement motherboard had issues, during these issues my hard drive got corrupted, etc..  Things would look fine and then I would have data corruption issues that would escalate till the system was nonbootable. This saga went on for a couple of months during which I ended up installing Window multiple time and reinstalling my plugins, etc.
Sometimes I was able to uninstall or deactivate my plugins or other software before the system died other times other times no. It went through around 4 complete installations in 4 to 6 months.

This got me paranoid about my plugins that kept activation counts.
Some plugin vendors have a lifetime cap on activations or deactivations  - for example with Plugin Alliance there is a maximum# of 3 current activations (per paid license) and limitation of 7 deactivations per license.

I finally got the computer issues resolved but I had lost confidence in the system so I got another and keep the old one as an emergency backup.
2018/08/22 13:30:04
Grem
I have a beef with Pace that started long ago. I will never give them my money again. Period. I will do without before giving them my money again.
2018/08/22 15:57:26
TheMaartian
Grem
I have a beef with Pace that started long ago. I will never give them my money again. Period. I will do without before giving them my money again.

Same here. All the way back to the LPT1 Centronics parallel port dongles...one for each app. Of course, they all wanted to be first in line.

Remember key disks, like for Lotus 1-2-3? Had to be in Drive A: for the app to run. Screw that. I happily ran Borland's Quattro Pro for years.
2018/08/22 16:04:50
Fleer
No dealings with Pace myself. If ever my iLok breaks, I’ll contact the developers.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account