2015/05/27 21:21:01
Kamikaze
It does pat of it (as well as add an arp function) but it doesn't have a number of things I would like to see, such as a circle of 5th tool, and voicing and root notes changes. I'm thinking of somethingt more comprehensive. From my OP

So what am I asking for.
A chord tool, that can:
Trigger users definable chords
Trigger to have a a mono or poly input, so playing a c can trigger a C7+9, or playing a CMaj Triad, could trigger a C7+9, and a CminTriad and Cm7+9
A chord suggestion tool, so clicking would create the the chord, instead of having to enter the notes manually, such as the circle of fifths tool
An inversion tool, that renames the chord to show the new bass note
A Voicing tool, to open and close voicings.
A way that  when the sequence has been made, and is playing, the midi plug in can be manipulated to find new chords and voicings on the fly.

I'll create a mock up at some point to show my idea further. I Also thought more recently of a a right hand left hand split point, that could be moved, and then the two parts could be sent out to two different midi tracks. Meaning Arps could be played on one hand, whilst the other plays clusters, as you see pianist do, or even two different arps being plays by each hand. Such as when you see the left hand plays a simple 2-3 note bass pattern, whilst the right a complex patterns over a larger range 
2015/05/27 21:42:36
charlyg
I use the Chord wheel hard copy, and when I went to get the link, I found they do an iPhone app.

http://www.chordwheel.com/

2015/05/27 22:02:04
Kamikaze
I made up a variation of a circle of fifths wheel years back, they I always keep with me (I actually took with me when I was travelling Asia to Vietnam). It's simply a coloured circle of fifths with an inner circle aligned to the relative minor. If I had the graphic program then that I do now, I would have added an outer circle with the key signature (being they are the same for major an relative minor) with the staff lines running around it concentrically, rather than straight lines.

I loved the way that EZKeys then implemented the same circle of fifths with a relative minor. And extended it with note suggestions. This really encourages different meaningful chords creations. And so easy on the fly.    

2015/05/29 13:55:17
kson
I do agree with this post and have requested a "Chord Track" type function several times.  All the editing tools CW seems to be putting out are fine, but I'd like that they get back to the creative/songwriting side.  I hate going back and forth between DAWs.  

For now, I often flush out song ideas and chords in CB8 and come back to Sonar when ready to record and arrange. I wish they'd work on this instead of a "Drum Replacer".  I can see how some would perhaps appreciate this but it's time to come back home to the songwriter's base.  IMHO of course.
2015/05/29 20:48:05
skinnybones lampshade
I agree with kson, who said, "All the editing tools CW seems to be putting out are fine, but I'd like that they get back to the creative/songwriting side." and "it's time to come back home to the songwriter's base".

Well said, kson. That expresses my feelings very well.
2015/05/30 12:21:23
BobF
charlyg
I use the Chord wheel hard copy, and when I went to get the link, I found they do an iPhone app.

http://www.chordwheel.com/

My currently preferred tool:

http://randscullard.com/CircleOfFifths/
2015/05/31 05:32:03
Kamikaze
Including chord wheel type device into this type of plug would make it quick and intuitive to experiment with. Using the Midi Chords plug in that I linked in the OP, I find that manually entering stuff slows things down a great deal, and little slip ups with inverted chords means you can easily be using the wrong chord mistake.
2015/06/01 01:13:46
synkrotron
I'm all for any help with chord construction and what have you. And a CoF tool inside Sonar would be nice  

So it's got my five star vote...

As it happens, earlier this week, I made myself two "offline" CoF cards (laminated), one for Major one for minor, so that at least helps me when I'm away from my PC and doing stuff on my guitar...

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/Sonar/COF.pdf

2015/06/12 11:39:47
bz2838
The best chord solution I've seen is included in Cubase, the Cubase chord track is awesome, especially for non keyboard players like myself.  I think it would be a great feature in Splat!

2015/09/26 05:31:32
Notecrusher
kson
I do agree with this post and have requested a "Chord Track" type function several times.  All the editing tools CW seems to be putting out are fine, but I'd like that they get back to the creative/songwriting side.  I hate going back and forth between DAWs.  

For now, I often flush out song ideas and chords in CB8.... I wish they'd work on this instead of a "Drum Replacer".  I can see how some would perhaps appreciate this but it's time to come back home to the songwriter's base.  IMHO of course.

+1000
There's a lot of us waiting for the Arranger Track and Chord Track!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account