2015/09/26 13:17:52
Snehankur
I agree.
 request for :

A. A CHORD Track - to enter chords from keyboard(QWERTY) or MIDI
B. Midi Track - with option populate from Chord Track [options : a Lane to define INVERSION, a Lane to define Key range, Right Click Option - CONTINUE COMMON NOTES from previous Chord
C. Midi Track - A Lane - insert pattern [.mid / .riff] - populate from Midi Track

A and B may be single instance and Track C type can be multiple [ we can create Bass line and other accompaniments]

Lastly on track type C - right Click option - HUMANIZE (with a popup slider for degree of Humanization)

Regards
Snehankur

2015/09/26 13:43:04
mettelus
I just shot an email to the guy who made this, and sent a simple request for offloading that tool as follows:

"Most users seem to want a simple track of MIDI data which will be played by an inserted VST. Pretty generic, and the Key Chords already has most of this. To summarize, these seem to be the common "features" requested:
  1. Drag/drop chords into a track (block assembly)
  2. Lengthen/shorten chords to taste (so not all "1 bar each")
  3. No strumming needed (although is a nicety some would want)
  4. Ability to then export or drag/drop the entire track into a DAW for a VST to play."
I may get a response to pack sand, but never hurts to ask...

2015/09/30 19:58:26
mettelus
If you click the link in the above post (may need to hit F5 if loaded it recently), you will notice an "Export Midi" button above the chord track. I am still interacting with him on functionality, but the first hurdle of exporting MIDI has already been cleared. I will make a separate post for this once things are ironed out (and a procedure), but wanted to let you folks know and extend a HUGE "Thank you!" to him for doing this (he is not a SONAR user!) - not only receptive, but a 4-day turnaround!
2016/06/05 01:16:56
WilliamHenley
Scoot
Seems Cubase has some sort of Chord tool, I don't use cubase so I don't know it's functionality, but we only have a the problematic Chord Analyzer.

It would be nice not to forget midi, and progress this side of Sonar. Chord Structures are the foundation of music. With plug ins such as Midi chords, where a single not cane be used to play complex chord voicings, and aid experimenting with fuller sounding performances. Here's a basic image of it set up in Sonar

You simply press a note, then assign it the chord you want, you can copy that shape, press another note, and it paste the shape and it relates to the new note. Transpose it semitones or octaves (You can't invert or open and close voicing, but other than that it's very intuitive and flexible . Check out this guy, he has 4 running at the same time, and performing just one note at a time, creates stunning pieces. SO one note, 4 instances of the plug, a stack of synths, and a rich ensemble result

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ar_3nGx2w

Then there is EXKeys, and it's circle of fifths tool, which allow you to change chords (not on the fly), to different keys, or experiment with adding and droping intervals, invert chords. Still no open a voicing, close a voicing (which seem more important if you are higher and lower on the keyboard). Some of the Chord recognition is dodgy, such as having, labelling a inversion with the new bass note correctly. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_1BgtA_lvo

So what am I asking for.
A chord tool, that can:
Trigger users definable chords
Trigger to have a a mono or poly input, so playing a c can trigger a C7+9, or playing a CMaj Triad, could trigger a C7+9, and a CminTriad and Cm7+9
A chord suggestion tool, so clicking would create the the chord, instead of having to enter the notes manually, such as the circle of fifths tool
An inversion tool, that renames the chord to show the new bass note
A Voicing tool, to open and close voicings.
A way that  when the sequence has been made, and is playing, the midi plug in can be manipulated to find new chords and voicings on the fly.

I think a comprehensive tool like this doesn't exist, (although I don't know the cubase tool, and if cubase has one, we should) and will allow the Sonar user base to expand its sonic potential, allowing beginners to gain confidence and apply music theory, and advanced player to take things further

Anyone with experience of other tool, please add ideas

What you've done with the MidiChords is outstanding! I've been attempting to use use the Sonar Chord Analyzer and other than it decoding the chord, it seems a useless function to me. I'm a heavy NI user and Kontakt 5 now supports midi file playback (sync'd to host). Basically, a lookup table for the desired midi file on the Kontakt side is simple were I able to use the Sonar result. I've yet to find a means of passing the Sonar resolved chord to a KSP Variable, or anywhere else for that matter.  My goal is to execute a correct midi file based on Sonar chord decode. Thus far, Sonar seems to do nothing more than echo the chord :(. I've got so many awesome ideas were I able to use Sonar's chord result. Possibilities are endless. Unfortunately, the solution seems endless as well. Don't understand the effort made to decode a chord if its result is akin to a spell checker. Ideas appreciated.

Keep up the leading edge work. It's much appreciated by all!  
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account