• Features & Ideas
  • Markers are too small to see while recording. Suggest color bands on all tracks.
2016/02/15 16:53:38
johnbarryegan
I tried using Markers to let me know when I hit a chorus and found them so dinky and hard to see against the DAWs background that they were useless. To get around this, I inserted a midi track, and chose a bright yellow for the track, then using my midi keyboard, I hit a sustained piano chord. On playback, I disabled the output and shrunk the track down. Now I at least can see clearly a bright yellow bar when the chorus comes around.

But, how much easier would it be if Sonar provided a 'Highlight The Track' function with at least a brighter background so you could highlight the areas that need it. Preferably, you could do so across all tracks, and possibly use more than one color, therby highlighting choruses with blue, instrumental breaks with red, etc, etc...
2016/02/16 01:57:12
Snehankur
+1
Also I would like to add :
We should be able to set different colors of the region between two markers, so when the marker goes out of the as the timeline moves we should be able to understand where are we.
Not a new feature - we need just some enhancement.

Regards
Snehankur
2016/02/16 03:09:13
Kev999
Snehankur
...We should be able to set different colors of the region between two markers, so when the marker goes out of the as the timeline moves we should be able to understand where are we.

I have suggested something like this. My proposal involves a customisable timeline ruler:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3098058
2016/02/16 09:14:14
Snehankur
Yes Kev.. Exactly.
But I wonder one thing : You posted that in Oct - Does Cakewalk really listen to the users?
2016/02/17 15:00:59
Kev999
Snehankur
Yes Kev.. Exactly.
But I wonder one thing : You posted that in Oct - Does Cakewalk really listen to the users?

Time will tell.
2016/02/18 12:21:15
robert_e_bone
Perhaps hovering the mouse over a marker could toss up a balloon with the marker displayed larger?

I did vote for the above suggestions - I have always had GREAT trouble viewing the markers, and I DO rely on them very very much.

Bob Bone
2016/02/23 14:05:14
Afrodrum
I think Big Time view could be made in such a way to monitor clearly movement of the markers. There so much space we could put longer markers name and watch them coming.
2016/02/29 14:13:41
patm300e
+1 for the color changing between Markers!  This would be great!

2016/02/29 18:21:15
Keni
I'll have to think about the ideas regarding implementing such a feature, but I would love to have the markers larger to be easier to read....

As far as colors? I don't think I'd mind something subtle, but for me it's more about legibility than eye-locating...

2016/02/29 18:28:09
dwardzala
I think what you really want is an arranger track which I think has been requested in the feature request forum before (and maybe on the menu for the bakers this year - or I may be imagining that.)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account