2017/04/01 15:49:04
pwalpwal
mudgel
I think a conflict occurs when you have a genuine asio driver and ASIO4ALL installed on the same machine.

i haven't experienced that, and have the asio driver for edirol ua-1000 installed on the same (win10) laptop

weird huh?
2017/04/01 15:55:53
pwalpwal
just to add something to the discussion, i wonder, does the same "conflict" occur when one has more than one "real" asio drivers installed on the same machine? (and flame suit on for this ) could it be to do with the way sonar is enumerating or instantiating the "asio" drivers on a system? (back in the day (x1 times) an update that included asio-driver-interpretation/instantiation changes specifically for then-parent-company-wth-hardware-to-sell roland devices caused lynx devices to stop working, for example, i think that was the x1a or patch thereafter)

2017/04/01 15:56:23
pwalpwal
(what happened to the "preview" option on quick replies?)
2017/04/01 19:33:37
abacab
pwalpwal
just to add something to the discussion, i wonder, does the same "conflict" occur when one has more than one "real" asio drivers installed on the same machine? (and flame suit on for this ) could it be to do with the way sonar is enumerating or instantiating the "asio" drivers on a system? (back in the day (x1 times) an update that included asio-driver-interpretation/instantiation changes specifically for then-parent-company-wth-hardware-to-sell roland devices caused lynx devices to stop working, for example, i think that was the x1a or patch thereafter)

Good question.  I recently installed the Cubase Elements 9 trial on my DAW, and discovered that Steinberg had installed a "Generic Low Latency ASIO driver" onto my system.  Due to that, I could not get Sonar to recognize my real M-Audio ASIO driver.  I could select other driver modes, but it came up blank with ASIO.  I first had to uninstall the Steinberg driver, and then re-build the Sonar aud.ini file.

Both Sonar and Cubase are happy with my M-Audio ASIO driver now. 
2017/04/25 12:09:20
mudgel
pwalpwal
mudgel
I think a conflict occurs when you have a genuine asio driver and ASIO4ALL installed on the same machine.

i haven't experienced that, and have the asio driver for edirol ua-1000 installed on the same (win10) laptop

weird huh?

You should note I started with "I think". That's my opinion in trying to explain why the reports of how bad ASIO4ALL can be, has gotten hold on the forum.
Personally I've had some pretty dodgy experiences with it sometimes but not others. What I've encountered is that I can make it work if I uninstall all other asio drivers.
Anyway there is also the conflicting stats of ASIO4ALL being the most prolific driver used by Sonar users according to Sonar Analytics and the anecdotal evidence of how flakey it is.
Like I also said it's about the same conundrum as the discussion relating to the effect that having the nVidia Hi Definiton audio driver onboard causes. It too is claimed to cause problems just being installed on a system.
2017/04/25 23:46:50
abacab
I recently downloaded and installed the FL Studio demo on my DAW (just checking out the MIDI editor- don't judge me!!!).

There was an option that I had to decline, which is to install the ASIO4ALL driver...

So maybe some unsuspecting folks get this thing by default, that ends up conflicting with their other ASIO drivers?

I have had great success using ASIO4ALL on a laptop with the onboard audio, so it's not all bad! 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account