• SONAR
  • Virtual Instruments Going Out Of Tune (p.2)
2017/07/21 21:43:42
tlw
Another way to check the controller side of things is to use MIDIoX to keep an eye on what it's sending, if anything. Filtering out all data except pitch bend, mod wheel and CCs/sysex should keep the amount of data churning across the screen managable.

If the controller is sending erratic CCs it might not be pitch bend, it might be e.g. a CC that alters oscillator pitch/tuning.

One thing's pretty certain, Sonar isn't generating random MIDI messages and sending them to tracks.
2018/03/31 08:48:01
Toddskins
HELP!  2 Problems with my DX synths!

My Dx instruments are out tune and distorted and I cannot get them to sound like the preset they are supposed to sound like.  This does not happen on the VST2 instruments.  

My TTS-1 and Roland Groove Synth, sound horrible, right from the start.  Like the oscillators are garbled and not even close to being in tune with one another.  When I change Presets on the TTS-1, I can tell it's loading a different sound, but it's still miserably distorted.  When I move my MIDI Controller to the Laptop loaded identically, the sounds are fine.  I move it back to the Desktop PC, and reboot, and restart Sonar, and the sounds load "out of tune" and not resembling the presets (i.e. piano, or Square wave).

I immediately load Addictive Keys Piano, and it's fine.  Or U-he Repro-5 synth, and it's fine.

It makes me think that the Samples for TTS-1 and Roland Groove Synth, got mangled during installation, but I know that's not right.  I compare the files with those on the Laptop, and they are identical.

Something weird is affecting my DX instruments.

Next, on both my desktop and Laptop, the DX Pentagon I synth cannot load because I'm told it "May have failed installation".  On both machines??? And when I search my drives, the folders, DLL, and presets exist.

Anybody?

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Sonar X3 Producer

EDIT: Searching the forums, I found the registry hack fix to get PENTAGON I working.

I still need an answer regarding TTS-1 and Roland Groove Synth for loading sounds way out of tune and not resembling the instrument preset they are supposed to be.
2018/03/31 16:24:49
robert_e_bone
@Leemac - Those spikes you saw sound similar to what I was experiencing with my M-Audio Axiom 61 Pro midi controller.  While the wheel itself was indeed at zero, the CIRCUITRY connected to it was auto-generating random pitch wheel midi data, so while my projects would be idle, I would see midi activity that was indeed coming from that controller, and it was pitch wheel data.  I ultimately decided to disable pitch bend functionality on the midi controller itself, since I have 3 other midi controllers hooked up that all have pitch bend wheels too, so I don't have to deal with the issue anymore.

Hope that helps, 

Bob Bone

2018/04/02 06:20:16
Larry Jones
Toddskins
HELP!  2 Problems with my DX synths!

My Dx instruments are out tune and distorted and I cannot get them to sound like the preset they are supposed to sound like.  This does not happen on the VST2 instruments.  

My TTS-1 and Roland Groove Synth, sound horrible, right from the start.  Like the oscillators are garbled and not even close to being in tune with one another.  When I change Presets on the TTS-1, I can tell it's loading a different sound, but it's still miserably distorted.  
***************************SNIP*************************

Have you changed the default sample rate in SONAR recently? TTS-1 will do this at rates above, I believe, 48khz. Maybe Groove Synth does, too. There's a setting in TTS-1 to correct the problem, but it's not saved with the project, so you have to reset it every time you open the project, on every instance of the synth. Try this:
1. Open TTS-1.
2. Click 'System'.
3. Click 'Options'.
4. Click the 'Options' tab.
5. Enable 'Light Load Mode'.

Or just reduce your sample rate to 44.1. If that doesn't solve your problem, you should start a new thread with your question. Give it a clear title and you'll get more help from people who know a lot more than I do.
2018/08/08 01:50:44
haitiabsolut
The problem I have been having with Cakewalk Sonar Platinum Version 23.10.0 Build 14 [2017.10] 64 bit Edition is this:

Everything starts up just fine and loads correctly. I start off with a blank Cakewalk Project. I add a instrument (VST) track and load Maschine 2.x into it. I then load a .mxprj (Maschine's file extension) file into the VST. After the file loads and displays the contents, I set the various sound's output channels. I then create the amount of Audio tracks needed to record the output of the Maschine's sound independently. After all those are set, I disable the loop feature on the Maschine and then arm the tracks for recording in Cakewalk. Once I start the recording process, I notice that some of the sounds loaded into Maschine play out of tune. I also noticed that clicking on the rewind button during playback also causes some of Maschine's loaded sounds to play out of tune.  This is driving me nuts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here are my PC Specs:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1203, 10/22/2015
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
2x 256Gig SSD
1x 1TB HDD

Audio Interface:

M-Audio Profire 2626
64 bit drivers installed

2018/08/08 04:48:12
fantini
I've had the pitch problem with various synths over the last couple of years or so.  I disabled the pitch wheel in preferences/midi/playback and recording. That seemed to cure my problems. Of course, I can't use the pitch wheel now in situations where I might need it.  OK for the moment anyway.
2018/08/08 09:15:29
pwalpwal
haitiabsolut
The problem I have been having with Cakewalk Sonar Platinum Version 23.10.0 Build 14 [2017.10] 64 bit Edition is this:

Everything starts up just fine and loads correctly. I start off with a blank Cakewalk Project. I add a instrument (VST) track and load Maschine 2.x into it. I then load a .mxprj (Maschine's file extension) file into the VST. After the file loads and displays the contents, I set the various sound's output channels. I then create the amount of Audio tracks needed to record the output of the Maschine's sound independently. After all those are set, I disable the loop feature on the Maschine and then arm the tracks for recording in Cakewalk. Once I start the recording process, I notice that some of the sounds loaded into Maschine play out of tune. I also noticed that clicking on the rewind button during playback also causes some of Maschine's loaded sounds to play out of tune.  This is driving me nuts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here are my PC Specs:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1203, 10/22/2015
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
2x 256Gig SSD
1x 1TB HDD

Audio Interface:

M-Audio Profire 2626
64 bit drivers installed

lots of users seem to have struggled with using maschine vst in sonar, maybe one of those threads has your solution, i googled it for you: https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=xrNqW6GgG4vOwALQlJ3ICg&q=Maschine+site%3Aforum.cakewalk.com&oq=Maschine+site%3Aforum.cakewalk.com&gs_l=psy-ab.3...1344.6240.0.7168.24.23.0.0.0.0.442.2542.15j4j4-2.21.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..3.4.1042...0j0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1.0.Fs0no_Hf50c
2018/08/09 09:06:28
Piotr
I had similar issue with OTS songwriter library. I tried to include bg strumming guitars with it but it was out tune and unusable. Not sure for 100% but I think I have not any MIDI controller connected when trying it.
2018/11/22 21:11:34
mickytee50
i'm having the same issue, but with reveal sound splice vst, as soon as the song loads and i play it everythings okay, but usually the 2nd time it plays at 7 semitones out.
i can change the semitone tuning on both splice and cakewalk, but it doesn't kind of solve the problem as such!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account