• Software
  • How to rid software from old computer (p.2)
2018/08/05 23:27:48
Fleer
BassDaddy
You are on a Mc aren't you Fleersy? I don't know if that makes a difference. Are you on a laptop? I would rather trim the trees than burn down the whole forest. Get your laptop out and watch a few episodes of Martha and Snoops Pot Luck Dinner Party while you work.

Yep, it’s a lappie, going to sonny boy.
2018/08/05 23:29:51
Fleer
JohanSebatianGremlin
Format C:\

Or you could go with the redneck method. Pull the HD and stand it up on top of the back fence, then load up the old .22 and let the fun begin.

But more seriously, HD's crash all the time. No matter the authorization scheme used, every manufacturer will have some sort of method for dealing with getting your software authorized after the original HD is no longer available. You can go through all the software and see if there is a method to deauthorize that particular computer, but ultimately you'll want to wipe/restore the drive to the original factory install. Or do the back fence .22 thing. ;-)

True. First deactivated all iLok machine authorizations. Then deactivated or deauthorized some separates where possible. XLN required uninstall with their Online Installer, then remove the computer on their website (under My Computers in account). Arturia wants you to deactivate with their ASC-app. Overloud allows you to deactivate computers on their website. Kilohearts, PSP Audio and Output Movement uninstalled through a developer specific uninstaller app. PositiveGrid required to use the uninstaller in each download. Bitwig asks you to remove hosts from website.
Tomorrow’s the big wipe/restore.
2018/08/06 00:45:54
abacab
It would be a good thing if there were standards involved! 
2018/08/06 01:39:22
Fleer
Indeed. Got to grips with a lesser known iLok menu item, called “Take Ownership”. When a library was software activated outside of iLok but you wish to use it within the iLok habitat, do so by “taking ownership”. Yowza.
2018/08/06 14:25:26
Grem
abacab

It would be a good thing if there were standards involved! 

This would make too much sense!!

But wouldn't it be wonderful!!
2018/08/06 23:28:38
Fleer
Here’s an additional deactivation list:

iLok: deactivate computer licenses
Plugin Alliance: deactivate computer at PA-website
Arturia: use ASC-app “all deactivated on this computer”
NI: no deactivation needed
IKM: no de-authorization. You get 10 authorizations and if you run out, IK Support will assist.
PreSonus: no de-authorization. You have 5 activations. When you run out, request a reset from Support.
Waves: transfer plugins via Waves Central to License Cloud
Melodyne: deactivated from rMBP via website
XLN Audio: unchecked all in Online Installer and removed computer on website
Overloud: deactivated via website
Output Movement: via Movement Uninstall app
PSP Audio: no deauthorization but you can use the PSP MultiInstallerPack (uninstaller)
Reason: de-authorized all via website
PositiveGrid: uninstallers in downloads
Bitwig: remove host on website
Kilohearts installer app: uninstall all
Korg Legacy: no info
Pianoteq via website
Toontrack: deauthorize via app
iZotope: via Preferences in each app
Zynaptiq (iLok) plus uninstall via app
GForce M-Tron Pro double click in installer
FabFilter deauthorize in app under Help
Spectrasonics: none (“one user/many computers”)
xFer Cthulhu: not even a serial
Plug&Mix, NomadFactory, Klanghelm, AudioDamage, d16, SugarBytes, Novation, SonicCharge, Valhalla, etc.: nothing special
OvertoneDSP: hang onto keyfile
  • Garritan GPO5 & GIO use Aria uninstaller 
  • sonible frei:raum asked for extra activation (since no uninstaller yet)

Edith: well done boy. Sit.
Edith myself: added Garritan and sonible.
SynthMaster necessitates no deactivation, simply download keyfile on new computer.
2018/08/06 23:43:57
abacab
@Fleer, that's a good start on a FAQ right there!
2018/08/07 00:06:58
Fleer

PreSonus: no de-authorization. You have 5 activations. When you run out, request a reset from Support.

That's incorrect as far as I know. My PreSonus - My Products - Choose Product (View More Details) - Manage Activation's (Select appropriate activation and select 'Remove') should never need to request a reset from support.
2018/08/07 00:11:52
But it wont really matter as you can do the above after the fact without issue.
2018/08/07 01:05:34
BobF
BIAB is another that can be deactivated from within the app.  This prevents a support call/email
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account