2016/03/02 21:41:54
mcdonalk
I am a registered Rapture Pro owner. However, every time I boot up my PC and invoke Sonar Platinum, the Rapture Pro instance is in demo mode, even though I have previously enabled it via Command Center. Note that this PC is typically not connected to the internet.

If I have to continuously connect the PC to the internet (which is more complicated than it sounds for reasons beyond the scope of this message) and register Rapture Pro every time I have start the PC, then Rapture Pro is more trouble than it is worth for me.
2016/03/03 14:34:59
Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
Hello,

Have you tried using the Offline Activation feature instead of Cakewalk Command Center? The following support article has instructions on how to do so:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013384/Offline-Activation

If this does not rectify the problem for you, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist further.
2016/03/04 14:22:27
mcdonalk
Thanks for the quick reply.

I tired the offline activation procedure, however, under Rapture Pro Options, there is no Offline Activation option for me to select. Unless I am looking in the wrong place, it could be presumed that this option does not exist because I have previously activated Rapture Pro online.

What do you suggest next?

2016/03/07 06:04:30
promidi
Have you confirmed that you are using version 2.04 or above of Rapture Pro. You can verify the version by opening Rapture Pro and clicking on the "RAPTURE PRO" text on the top right of Rapture Pro's interface window.  It should read 2.00.4.25 or above in the left end of the white strip in Rapture Pro's about window.
2016/03/07 13:37:11
mcdonalk
My Rapture Pro installation is 2.00.3.96.

Are you suggesting that I am experiencing a bug that a newer version has fixed?
2016/03/07 15:34:14
promidi
The "Offline Activation feature" that Christopher refereed to in his instructions only became available with version 2.04 of Rapture Pro.  You might want to update your Rapture pro to that version - either through Cakewalk Command center or downloading it directly though your Cakewalk account.

Once you have updated and your Rapture pro to 2.04 (and if it is still in DEMO mode), then perform the instructions at the link that Christopher provided to perform an offline activation.
2016/03/07 16:50:14
dmbaer
promidi
The "Offline Activation feature" that Christopher refereed to in his instructions only became available with version 2.04 of Rapture Pro.  You might want to update your Rapture pro to that version

... or, you might want to avoid the upgrade if there's no reason to do so.  After upgrading, my Rapture Pro refuses to be authorized, but it was fine before.  I will be testing the offline activation trick as soon as I have a chance in the next day or so.  I'll report back.

2016/03/17 12:25:21
mcdonalk
dmbaer:

Have you tried offline authorization yet, and how did it go?
2016/03/18 18:51:27
dmbaer
I did, and it did not make things better.  It appears, however, that whatever is causing me problems is rather unique.  I have an ongoing dialog with CW customer support, but have not heard from them for about a week.

Long story short, though - my issues are probably not related to whatever is causing you grief.  Sorry for not responding sooner, but I've also been experiencing some problems on my non-DAW machine which I use to access this forum.
2016/03/30 20:21:02
mcdonalk
I have upgraded Rapture Pro to 2.00.4.25 and Sonar to Newburyport. Rapture Pro was authorized and started working. I shut down my PC. The next morning, I booted up my PC, and Rapture Pro was still authorized and operational. I shut down the PC. Later that day, I booted up the PC, and Rapture Pro had reverted to demo mode.

I then authorized Rapture Pro following the offline authorization procedure. I did not receive a message box that Rapture Pro had been authorized, but Rapture Pro nevertheless seems to be working and is authorized. I shall observe and report back on how stable its authorization is over the next few days.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account