2016/03/31 21:37:20
mcdonalk
After authorizing Rapture Pro online, it works for about a day and then reverts to demo mode.

After authorizing Rapture Pro using the offline authorization procedure, it works for about a day, and then reverts to demo mode.

Cakewalk: what should I try next?

2016/03/31 21:55:27
promidi
mcdonalk
After authorizing Rapture Pro online, it works for about a day and then reverts to demo mode.
After authorizing Rapture Pro using the offline authorization procedure, it works for about a day, and then reverts to demo mode.
Cakewalk: what should I try next?

I know I'm not Cakewalk, but I wonder what happens if you authorise the stand alone version of Rapture while logged on as an administrator or Run Rapture "as administrator"

Once you have authorised, run Rapture normally.  See of that remains authorised.

Hopefully a Cakewalk rep can chime in....
2016/04/01 19:43:27
mcdonalk
promidi:

I am always logged in as administrator on my PC.

I again executed the offline authorization procedure with the standalone Rapture Pro. I never receive a message that it has been authorized, and standalone Rapture Pro indicates a false serial number (lits of 9's in the long number), and it operates in demo mode (periodic audio dropouts).

When I use Rapture Pro from within Sonar after having offline-authorized the standalone version, the VST indicates what appears to be a valid serial number and operates without audio dropouts. The standalone version still exhibits audio dropouts and an invalid serial number.

I expect that when I call it all up tomorrow, the VST will have reverted to demo mode.

Christopher Brown: are you there?
2016/04/02 16:54:09
mcdonalk
As predicted, when starting up my PC:

1) Rapture Pro standalone displays an invalid serial number and operates with occasional dropouts, presumably because it is in demo mode.

2) Rapture Pro VST has reverted, as predicted, to demo mode. The info screen clearly reads "demo mode."

It seems logical that I next contact technical support directly for a fix, or to get my money back.
2016/04/02 16:54:09
mcdonalk
As predicted, when starting up my PC:

1) Rapture Pro standalone displays an invalid serial number and operates with occasional dropouts, presumably because it is in demo mode.

2) Rapture Pro VST has reverted, as predicted, to demo mode. The info screen clearly reads "demo mode."

It seems logical that I next contact technical support directly for a fix, or to get my money back.
2016/04/02 17:06:46
dmbaer
mcdonalk

I'm sorry to say that tech. support seems to have given up on solving my inability-to-authorize problem.  We were trading emails regularly and then they just stopped.  I have not heard back in weeks.  I think I'm just going to give up on Rapture Pro - it's not like I don't have a ton of other marvelous instruments to occupy my time, fortunately. 
2016/04/10 11:17:09
mcdonalk
I have submitted case # 313717 on this issue a week ago and have not yet received a reply. I don't know how long I should expect such a request to take, so I am willing to wait patiently.
2016/04/13 12:21:45
mcdonalk
I am still waiting patiently after having submitted this case eleven days ago.
2016/04/13 12:21:45
mcdonalk
I am still waiting patiently after having submitted this case eleven days ago.
2016/04/18 04:19:34
Bristol_Jonesey
mcdonalk
promidi:

I am always logged in as administrator on my PC.

I again executed the offline authorization procedure with the standalone Rapture Pro. I never receive a message that it has been authorized, and standalone Rapture Pro indicates a false serial number (lits of 9's in the long number), and it operates in demo mode (periodic audio dropouts).

When I use Rapture Pro from within Sonar after having offline-authorized the standalone version, the VST indicates what appears to be a valid serial number and operates without audio dropouts. The standalone version still exhibits audio dropouts and an invalid serial number.

I expect that when I call it all up tomorrow, the VST will have reverted to demo mode.

Christopher Brown: are you there?

This is irrelevant.

You MUST right click the .exe and choose Run As Administrator. doing this give you elevated rights for installing programs above & beyond those associated with simply being "An Administrator"
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account