2016/06/04 17:06:17
sampc
Hi,

This may initially come across as a strange request, but trust me, it's logical. It may be a bit of work to implement though.

Here is what I would love to be able to do:

Some of the time, I use Sonar to practice my guitar. When I do this, I use a computer in my living-room that is part of my recliner setup.  I always record. You never know when you will have an amazing idea.  I use just about every Guitar Amp sim available.

I record what I play. I stop. I'll get a new amp sound. I record an play some more. Repeat.

Here's what I end up with:  All of my guitar tracks nicely recorded in take lanes dry with no amp. There are already several ways to print the amp while recording, but they are a hassle.  What if along side each take lane which contains a dry guitar track, there was a companion render (or frozen lane). Now I have what I played and I can hear what it actually sounded like.  I want this.  To make it even better, Another companion entity to go along with each take and render lane could be an info lane with all of the plugin info so I could easily recall my amp sound.  When the feature is turned on, it would all be automatic. I would not have to save a mix scene or save a preset in my amp sim or anything. Sonar could just call up the the plugin chain make it available. Even though the performance is already recorded, I may want to go back a fix something. That's why the plugin info would be useful.

Perhaps this feature would only be popular to a few, so I understand if you don't consider it, but it sure sounds groovy to me. 

Kind thanks,
Mark

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account