• Software
  • Cakewalk recognizes Waveshells x64, but isn't able to load it properly
2018/07/27 10:54:56
grimm1983
Hey y'all -

I have a problem with my Waveshells 64x Plugin. Even tough the 32bit Version runs properly, Cakewalk fails to scan the 64x Plugin. While it scans the VST Plugins, it says: "The following plug-in caused an error during load: Waveshell1-VST 10.0_x64 - The failure point was reported as: Open".

I already contacted waves support and re-installed everything, but the Waveshells into the right folders - but still, it fails. They offered me a remote installation (even tough Cakewalk isn't a supported DAW by now), but for some job-related reasons (classified documents) I am not allowed to let someone remote control my computer and I think that this is maybe a Cakewalk error?

Thanks -
Julian.
2018/07/27 11:03:00
Starise
There have been issues on some systems when users keep V9 alongside V10. Workarounds have been found.

I updated to V10 and had no issues with waveshell. I selected to ignore 32 bit plugins if a 64bit version is available. I don't know if that helped me or not.
 Are you running win 10 on a fairly recent system?
2018/07/27 11:22:07
grimm1983
I had the same issues with V9.

I run Win 10 Pro (64bit) on an AMD Six Core (3,5 GHz), 8 GB Ram
2018/07/27 11:52:22
Starise
CbB isn't apparently blind to the plugin it seems to be seeing the file just fine but won't load it because it thinks the file is corrupted. The file could actually be corrupted.

If you haven't done so I would recommend the following. Make sure you have the latest Waves updates.You could try completely uninstalling Waves central and reinstall it. There were recent Waves updates.
Also, check Bandlab to see if you have the latest version of Cakewalk.
2018/07/27 12:07:12
grimm1983
Done both yesterday, still the same error.
2018/07/27 12:56:06
Starise
I'm guessing that since you say you also had the issue with V9 it was cleared up? I don't think this is a Cakewalk error because many of use here have successfully installed Waves v10 on CbB.

One thing that seems to hang up some users is not completely removing all of the old Waves files before the new install. This is likely why letting Waves tech support into your computer could help. Either that or find where the old folders are located. 
 Opening files with administrative privileges might help. Some have reported success in making a new vst folder- c:\program files\vst and installing plugins to it. I wouldn't recommend that though if plugins are installed under a correct folder.

I don't believe it's a Cakewalk issue.
2018/07/27 13:20:12
grimm1983
V9 is completely deinstalled.
2018/07/27 19:06:36
Grem
Have you gone to Preferences/File/VST Settings and did a Reset and then do a scan? A lot of times that will solve an issue with Waves plugins for me.
2018/07/28 12:53:36
bitflipper
It's not a Cakewalk issue. Each plugin provides its own installation/initialization routine, and the DAW's scanner merely invokes that code and hopes the plugin knows what to do. If that routine fails, all the scanner can do is report it and move on. At least Cakewalk no longer hangs when that happens, thanks to its recently-implemented sandbox mode.

Try starting Cakewalk as Administrator and then running the scanner manually (from the Preferences dialog). Make sure the "scan in sandbox" and "generate scan log" options are checked. The scan log may provide an additional clue for Waves support to figure out how their code is failing. You'll find the log file in %appdata%\Cakewalk\Logs, named "VSTScan.log".
2018/07/28 18:37:51
abacab
Ran Waves version 9 in the most recent CbB, and now running v10 without any issues here...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account