• Software
  • VB3 1.4 is crashing Cakelab hard!!!!
2018/07/28 21:54:04
Sidroe
As of yesterday my trusty go-to VB3 has started crashing projects! Every project that contains VB3 1.4 opens for a few seconds and then Cakelab disappears off of the screen. It is only VB3 that causes this. For now, I have had to open the project on my desktop that seems to have no problems with VB3. I then replace VB3 with an old 32 bit version of B4. The project then has no problem opening on the laptop that seems to hate VB3 after all this time.
Any help would be appreciated! Please help! I can't afford to upgrade right now and I really rely on VB3. Any help would be appreciated.
2018/07/29 11:05:29
Sidroe
Is there anyone there????
2018/07/29 11:43:19
Glyn Barnes
I have been using it recently in Platinum without issues, I will try it later in Bandlab Cakewalk. My only suggestion at this stage is to reinstall VB3 on the laptop.

Oh, and do both computers have the same version/updates of Windows?
2018/07/29 13:19:19
Sidroe
To completely reinstall do I need to remove the registry files for VB3? I sent a message to Guido and await his response. I thank you, Glyn, for your response. I have tried replacing the .dll with a backup and a new copy and have had no luck. Thanks, again.
2018/07/29 14:21:01
Sidroe
Glyn, I tried VB3 in Platinum and got an error that says VB3 is not properly installed. Do you know how to do a complete reinstall? I remember the little badge emblem that allows you to type in the registration but there has been no sign of it. The installation instructions for x64 say to simply drag the .dll in to the VST folder. Did this, but I am under the impression that perhaps I need to have the 32 bit version to reinstall.
2018/07/29 14:28:11
bitflipper

Have you looked in the Windows event log to see if there's an entry that corresponds to your halt?

Obviously, something has changed on your laptop. Presumably, you're running the same versions of Cakewalk, Windows and VB3 on both machines, so it has to be something else. Have you installed any new software there recently? Perhaps even something non music-related?
2018/07/29 15:16:36
Sidroe
I did install Melda plugins and GVST plugins but the projects were running fine until a day ago.
I did try a fresh reinstall. This is the 32 bit installation. I scanned the VST folder in 32 bit Platinum and when it hit VB3 an error popped up Can not save configuration. I went ahead with the scan. Opened Platinum x32 pulled up vb3 and the install registration popped up but it now says the registration is invalid. Close but no cigar!!!!
I thank you for taking time with me. Please, if you have anymore ideas they will be welcomed.
2018/07/29 15:20:49
Glyn Barnes
I have no idea how to do a complete clean reinstall. The install folder only contains a DLL and some documentation.

For what its worth I just tried VB3 in Cakewalk 2018.06 (build 14), Made a short clip with both manuals and the pedals in use. Saved it, opened it, closed Cakewalk and restarted it, opened the project again all without problems.

2018/07/29 16:34:08
Sidroe
Thanks for the info. I have uninstalled the Melds and GVST plugs and trying a system restore. This is a last ditch effort. If it doesn't work. I will continue contact with Guido. Thank you for your time and trouble and I hope to return the favor some day.
2018/07/29 18:32:16
Glyn Barnes
Since my last reply I have just updated Win 10 to the last available update. Everything works fine.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account