• Software
  • VB3 1.4 is crashing Cakelab hard!!!! (p.2)
2018/07/29 21:19:10
Sidroe
I did Windows update a few days ago. This is why I am perplexed! Everything is fine and then from out of the blue, my laptop decides to hate VB3. Still no luck even with a system restore and it is only VB3 causing havoc!!!! Still awaiting word from Guido. Will post here when I hear more. Thanks, again.
2018/07/30 21:25:02
Sidroe
Well, after enduring hours of troubleshooting and reinstall I still have VB3 nuclear blasting CbB!!!
Guido, the developer of VB3, has been so gracious and helpful, it is beyond description what he has done today. Still, he couldn't even come up with a solution!
I did learn today that VB3 has the best support on the globe hands down!!!
I no longer believe the problem is the plug as much as I do think a setting is wrong in my laptop. It is just strange that this is the only problem I have. It seems like other apps or tasks would be affected as well. If anyone can think of anything I should take a look at, please, let me know. Thanks, guys! And a huge hats off to Guido!!!!!!!!
2018/07/30 22:55:02
simeon
Sidroe
Well, after enduring hours of troubleshooting and reinstall I still have VB3 nuclear blasting CbB!!!
Guido, the developer of VB3, has been so gracious and helpful, it is beyond description what he has done today. Still, he couldn't even come up with a solution!
I did learn today that VB3 has the best support on the globe hands down!!!
I no longer believe the problem is the plug as much as I do think a setting is wrong in my laptop. It is just strange that this is the only problem I have. It seems like other apps or tasks would be affected as well. If anyone can think of anything I should take a look at, please, let me know. Thanks, guys! And a huge hats off to Guido!!!!!!!!

Totally agree with your comments concerning Guido. My first experience with him was when he was first starting out producing really good drum SoundFonts, he is very supportive.
I have one suggestion to try:
Have you tried installing VB3 "AS ADMINISTRATOR"?
Some older plugins really need that extra bit of security from Windows somehow. Also when you start Cakewalk go ahead and try running it "AS ADMINISTRATOR" and see if there is any difference?

Hoping you find a solution as I know how frustrating these things can be.

Very best regards,
2018/07/31 02:04:40
Sidroe
Thanks, Simeon. The 64 bit version is only drag and drop to your VST folder. There is no installation so no option to run vb3 as administrator. I have tried everything. My only hope at this point is a CbB update or Windows update that squares it away. I appreciate your tip and hope someday I am able to return the favor. If anyone out there could possibly think of a setting or maybe a registry entry it could be, please, let me know. I looked around the registry but did not see anything. Thanks, for at least trying to help.
2018/07/31 06:05:22
Glyn Barnes
Some serious straw clutching here. Have you done a complete disk check. As you has recopied the dll its unlike its a bad sector causing the issue but it won't do any harm. Also try a RAM check.

Does it work in another DAW, you could try the demo of Reaper.
2018/07/31 13:20:26
Sidroe
Hi, Glyn. Boy, I needed that good night's sleep! Yep, tried all of those tips. Still no go. I have even reinstalled Sonar Platinum, which to my surprise I found CCC still working. I rolled back then updated. I had already uninstalled Cakelab. After updating back to the last Sonar, I reinstalled Cakelab. Still no love in Mudville. Mighty Sidroe has struck out!
I can only hope now that the next Cakelab or Windows update coming down the pike will set things right. Again, I can't thank y'all enough for trying to help.
2018/07/31 15:56:07
bitflipper
It's not inconceivable that it's not VB3 actually causing the problem. Try this experiment for grins: open the project, click the global fx bypass button and see if the problem persists.
2018/07/31 19:58:48
Sidroe
Sometimes CbB crashes so fast when VB3 is inserted into a channel, rack view, etc. There's no time to hit anything! I will give it a try when possible.
The plot thickens. I downloaded and tried VB3 ver. II.. Everything works fine so back to trying to figure out what the deal is with VB3 1.4..
I simply see no reason and really can't afford right now to upgrade if I can fix what has been a very reliable instrument.
2018/07/31 20:00:32
Sidroe
Btw, where is the global FX bypass? I never had to use it!
2018/07/31 20:30:19
Sidroe
Found the bypass. Inserted VB3 with global bypass on and crashed off the screen.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account