• Software
  • CD editing/burning software - What do you use? (p.2)
2018/08/02 01:01:52
retired_account
Definitely DDP these days unless you know how to burn a cd master checking C1/ C2 errors. My Plextor with Plextools & TY's did a great job but no longer needed.
2018/08/02 15:12:39
bitflipper
Jim Roseberry
If you're making RedBook CDs for clients, you're most likely going to want more advanced layout features (crossfades/etc) than you'd find in a more "general-purpose" burning app like Nero, IMG Burn, etc.

I do crossfades and custom gaps all the time with Nero, something it supposedly can't do. The trick is to do your layout in the DAW and export the whole thing as one big wave. Then all you have to do within the CD-burning application is insert the indexes, which they can all do.

2018/08/02 18:11:43
Jim Roseberry
Years ago, I got spoiled with the RedBook CD layout, metering, processing (all realtime/non-destructive) with Samplitude.

You can layout the tracks however you want
Apply Fades/Crossfades (non-destructively)
Control the Gain of each song (non-destructively)
Apply processing independently (non-destructively) for each song
Advanced Metering

All of the processing is done in realtime… so you can audition and easily make changes.

The OP has Studio One Pro (which has all these features including DDP export).
He should check them out.  

2018/08/02 22:32:22
rodreb
Jim Roseberry - I was able to get CD Architect back (thanks to fwrend's post) but, yes, I am going to explore Studio One's abilities. As of right now, right here, CD's are still a major part of my way of working. I'm sure that will change moving forward so, I am also gonna be checking out the DDP options.
2018/08/02 23:33:57
clintmartin
Cdburnerxp. It's free and works great.
2018/08/03 00:58:52
Jesse G
rodreb
I have been using Sony CD Architect for years but, it is not 64 bit and, it's no longer available What does everyone use nowadays to edit and create professional, Redbook standard CDs?

You have to contact  www.magix.com if you need support or to download it again.  i still use CD Architect 5.2
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account